Premier Reference

• Moderators

There isn't any official released info on this line. We have had to make some modifications from the original concept.

We'll post information as it becomes available.

I believe they're being modified due to the responses they got from the AES show (or whatever show it was). I think the premiere is mostly undergoing cosmetic changes, or at least I think they've settled down on the 3-way design using a mid horn, tweeter, and dual 10" drivers. The premiere is supposed to be the new flagship with no compromises whatsoever so it's got all the fancy crossovers and huge bi-wireable binding posts and all that other silly stuff to compete with the other "higher" quality (aka expensive) speakers out there.

• Moderators

It's actually a fairly big overhaul, but they will still have the uncompromised sound and components originally intended 9.gif

I don't have all the details yet, but I'll let you know when I do. It's a work in progress right now.

• Moderators

LOL, Rick!

Actually, Steven is completely hooked on Baby Einstein... can I be un-PC for a sec and say those videos are like crack for babies? He's absolutely fixed on them.

And yes, I would LOVE to audition those speakers for him 9.gif Just saw the first renderings...

----------------

On 7/7/2005 9:33:30 AM Amy Unger wrote:

Just saw the first renderings...

----------------

I hope that Klipsch can keep the stunning looks of the mock up Primere's shown in 2004, or at least something similarly high styled. I just love my RF7s but they are a bit pedestrian by comparison to the compition.

I've promised myself a 7.1 Primere system for my 60th BD. Hopefully Klipsch can make it on time.

Jerry R

----------------

On 7/7/2005 7:33:21 PM Bill H. wrote:

Amy,

If memory serves me correctly- the figure of about $4,200 a pair was tossed around............is this close? Trying to figure out my pennies!

}

----------------

I would plan on about double that. Just a guess.

I would like to see them in a nice deep rich brown expresso stain. I am sick of the red's and such. A deep walnut that doesn't look dull. Or tiger eyes, anything out of the norm intstead what EVERYone has. Gray ash type with a nice real ash grain veneer would be great. Black like grand piano black would also be another great option. Also of course have the rosewood finish for the red fans. Birds eye maple finish with nice figuring. This route you could go quilted maple, or flamed then actually stain them different colors ( just like a guitar top ). That would be sweet ( Black gray quilt, or flame for me). I am sure that would almost have to be a custom thing, because peeps taste vary. How premiere are these going to be? Anything that nice?