Avia calibration disc

Rsoxfan

I have it, but Sound & Vision's disk is better for 7.1 systems. Avia has full bandwidth pink nois that pros use to calibrate their mixing stages for movies. However, only 5 channels are available versus 6 channels for both Dolby and DTS on S&V's disk.

You really need one or the other of the calibration disks. Onecall.com sells the Avia disk. The S&V site has an add for their disk with ordering information on line. It may be ordered here: http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/article.asp?section_id=1&article_id=200&page_number=1

Bill

----------------

On 7/7/2005 10:04:07 PM Speedball wrote:

To me it is worth every penny just for the video section.

Always thought I was pretty good with the color etc. controls but using the disc provides a far better picture.
16.gif

----------------

Does it do more than the THX calibration on DVD's?

----------------

On 7/8/2005 12:33:18 AM Bret_Salyer wrote:

----------------

On 7/7/2005 10:04:07 PM Speedball wrote:

To me it is worth every penny just for the video section.

Always thought I was pretty good with the color etc. controls but using the disc provides a far better picture.
16.gif

----------------

----------------

Yes RE the DVE it is more indepth

<[/blockquote>

----------------

----------------

Quote:"Yes RE the DVE... "

Hunh?

Quote:"...it is more indepth"

I think I understand that part if it doesn't have anything to do with the first.

Maybe RE the DVE is common knowledge, but I'm new.

----------------

On 7/8/2005 1:02:35 AM Bret_Salyer wrote:

<[/blockquote>

----------------

----------------

Quote:"Yes RE the DVE... "

Hunh?

Quote:"...it is more indepth"

I think I understand that part if it doesn't have anything to do with the first.

Maybe RE the DVE is common knowledge, but I'm new.

----------------

This thread in a general sense is about HT calibration disks and their value for use in setting up a home theatre system. To that end I responded originally that I used the DVE disk (Digital Video Essentials) a similar product to the AVIA disk in the original query. When I responded RE the DVE I was referring to the DVE disk, as in Regarding the DVE it is more in-depth than your standard THX DVD set up track. In other words the picture and audio adjustments are more exacting. I expect eth AVIA disk is similar in that respect too. Hope this helps.

----------------

This thread in a general sense is about HT calibration disks and their value for use in setting up a home theatre system. To that end I responded originally that I used the DVE disk (Digital Video Essentials) a similar product to the AVIA disk in the original query. When I responded “RE the DVE” I was referring to the DVE disk, as in “Regarding the DVE” it is more in-depth than your standard THX DVD set up track. In other words the picture and audio adjustments are more exacting. I expect eth AVIA disk is similar in that respect too. Hope this helps.

----------------

I was not familiar with the DVE disk. Thank you for the explanation.