flat screen on the ceiling?

iwillwalk

want to do it in my room & need some input.

i can get a 2 year old plasma for 1000.00

it is a

42" Panasonic PLASMA TV

This is a 42 inch Enhanced Definition Panasonic Plasma television, model TH-42PW5. I've had the unit for about 2 years and I am upgrading to bigger set. It is in great condition. It includes the owners manual and remote control.

would you do it

any pro& cons to a plasma upside down & being 2 years old how much maintaince do they requir.

or any other ideas please tell me

Being only 2 years old, there is little chance of degradation, unless it was used for videogames, or stationary images such as channel ID logos. It is an EDTV, not a HDTV. New pricing from B&H Photovideo a while ago for a similar Panasonic model ( I receive the catalog in Canada ) was $ 2999.

Take it at that, I do not know about maintenance, but the mount should be sturdy and safe. I would mount at the wall/ceiling junction if it is feasable, I am thinking that this is for a bedroom?

If at all possible, view the set in operation prior to purchasing to make sure there is no burn-in or dead pixels. Plasmas are fairly fragile, hire an insured contractor to install it, if they drop it and damage it, it is their baby. If shipping the unit, do so with a healthy insurance on it, with a reputable courier.

dude screw mirrors on ceiling, I want a tv on my ceiling, talk about the utmost in laziness. Im coining a term "lazyophile"= men(or women) who excel in the persuit of expelling 0 kinetic energy.

good luck with that its really the perfect place for a tv in the bedroom. I get dizzy thinking about it.14.gif

dude screw mirrors on ceiling, I want a tv on my ceiling, talk about the utmost in laziness. Im coining a term "lazyophile"= men(or women) who excel in the persuit expelling 0 kinetic energy.

good luck with that its really the perfect place for a tv in the bedroom. I get dizzy thinking about it.14.gif

I think edtv stands for enhaceded defination not high def like hdtv. I dont now the ins and outs of edtv but it as good as hdtv. Some people get fooled by this and think it is equal or better than edtv. I dont hink they make edtv's any more or it is on its wasy out

ED televison can display at 480p resolution. HD Television can display

up to 720p/1080i resolution. Basically it's the differnce between

watching a DVD in progressive mode on a HD display or watching

true High Definition. There is a huge difference.

• Like 1

Travis ease up he is disabled and even moving around cannot be that easy. If you were in a similar situation I am sure you would want some sort of arrangement as well. If lying down is the most confortable position for him to be in then why not!

I would go for it! Why not you only live once. Hell I am not disabled and I would still do it if it was feasible to do.

----------------

On 7/13/2005 3:37:08 PM Frzninvt wrote:

Travis ease up he is disabled and even moving around cannot be that easy. If you were in a similar situation I am sure you would want some sort of arrangement as well. If lying down is the most confortable position for him to be in then why not!

I would go for it! Why not you only live once. Hell I am not disabled and I would still do it if it was feasible to do.

----------------

on the contrary charles, I think its a good idea. disabled or not, more speaking about my own quest for laziness, my intention wasnt even to poke fun at the idea.

I apologize if it came across that way

wayne