RW-12 Popping Noise

Boji7.1

I've had my RW-12 for a litte over 6 months now and I noticed that everytime the sub hits hard during an action scene or explosion there is a loud popping noise from the sub for a quick second. Would anyone know why this is happening? My sub level is about 75% on the dial. I have a H/K 235 and the db on the setting is set at 0 which is tight in the middle. Thanks for your help!

Try turning down the equalization on the sub channel about -3dB, and turn up the sub volume to compenstate. That fixed to pop I used to sometimes get on my SW10-II (I have to give Trey Cannon the credit for that trick).

----------------

On 7/15/2005 12:01:30 AM DrWho wrote:

I suppose it's possible that you are bottoming out the driver, but I have a hard time believing that considering how potent these subs are...

----------------

Actually that is what it sounds like... but somehow i thought all the reference series subs could not be bottomed (hit the back plate) as well as having soft-clipping amp? Perhaps it's only the RSW ones...

As for the relative volume... OTOH, I think its quite possible to reach it's maximum output... 1.gif

Rob

----------------

On 7/14/2005 8:00:49 PM Boji7.1 wrote:

I've had my RW-12 for a litte over 6 months now and I noticed that everytime the sub hits hard during an action scene or explosion there is a loud popping noise from the sub for a quick second. Would anyone know why this is happening? My sub level is about 75% on the dial. I have a H/K 235 and the db on the setting is set at 0 which is tight in the middle. Thanks for your help!

----------------

Definitely overdriven. Take Seadog's advice and back off on the output to the sub. I don't know how much more compensation you can achieve on a dial that's already at 75%. It appears you need a more capable sub for your application.

Just curious. With Rf-15's and an RC-25, have you calibrated your sub and the rest of your HT with an SPL meter?