Glass Tops

Always, provide some protection between the object and the glass. I am using clear protective pads on the bottom of 15mm UltraWhite® glass. And yes, it prevents anyone from accidently placing a drink or container on top of my RF-5's.

Until now, the typical result when laminating conventional clear float glass was color distortion and a reduction of visible light transmission as the laminate thickness increased. UltraWhites combination of strength, security and distortion-free vision equals unparalleled performance.

Any place you have glass cut can provide you with little clear plastic bumpers that look like thin nickels. THey work wonderful, never pickup stain or wood finish, keep glass from contacting wood. I place em on corners, every 12 inches or so around perimeter (ie you may need only 4 for each R series box)

I use 1/4" non-tempered glass with polished edges. Tempering adds substantially to the cost of glass and is only necessary when using it for shelving where it is suspended by the edges (ie where great strength is required).

Michael

Just a voice from the other side. I have a sub that has been used as an endtable for 25 years with a glass top on it. 1/4" glass, sanded edges and no pads under it. There has been no problem with the wood under it in all this time. Do whatever you would like with the glass, pads or no pads, I don't think it makes much difference. The only thing I can think of is that with the pads it might be a little harder for the glass to slide on top of the speaker. This has not been a problem with us but??????