Thanks Thumpelstiltskin

PrestonTom

I wanted to publicly thank Rick (Thumpelstiltskin).

Last week he had been checking out the classifieds and posted a reference to an ad for Cornwalls in Connecticut.

I'll cut to the chase, I picked these up on Sunday morning and have been enjoying the sound ever since. I will use one as a center for a 2 channel set up along with some K-Horns. The other one is now down in the den (the room is not set up to do a proper job for stereophonic, so a good mono is okay).

I appreciate that Rick takes the time to do this, and his efforts are appreciated.

Now if someone could explain to my girlfriend that spending Sunday morning to drive 3hours and pick up some cabinets is normal behavior even though there are already 4 sets of speakers at my house already.

I tried the strategy that the K-Horns cost me $3 per pound, so the Cornwalls were a steal at 50cents/pound. I almost ventured into dangerous territory, with the analogy that of course one needs many pairs of shoes. However, I restrained myself.

Rick, thanks again.

-Tom

"I almost ventured into dangerous territory, with the analogy that of course one needs many pairs of shoes. However, I restrained myself."

--------------

That is VERY dangerous territory indeed, and must be used very sparingly (although not completely off limits under the right circumstances!)

Congrats on the Corns.

Congratulations from a fellow beneficiary of a Thumpelstiltskin tip. Rick has had great success in finding good homes for wayward Cornwalls. Hat's off to him again.

Also, I like the idea of breaking down the cost on a "per pound basis".

Sputnik,

Re: dollars per pound for speakers.

I had made a mistake, the Cornwalls were not 50 cents but $2 per pound. Still it is good deal. Although the metric is tongue-in-cheek, it is not a bad one. If you look at the (possible) competition (e.g. Bose). Their dollar per pound value is not very good.

-Tom