Back from my trip...

DrWho

Man things have been crazy. I just got back from Romania and essentially I've been up since 8pm the day before with 4 hours of sleep (so kinda like I've been up since 8am Monday with a 4 hour nap and 6 hours of sleep before that). I believe today is Tuesday, lol. We just got back from the airport and now I'm off to class! Then later tonight I have to catch up on homework, and then some more homework and tests tomorrow and then even more homework and tests on thursday (as well as going back to the airport to pick up Kait who is returning from Czech). In the meantime I've got work and I need to get all this paperwork with college sorted out by the weekend...talk about crazy. I so totally can't wait to be done with school.

It was a good trip though and if it's ok I'll post some pics of the wedding. I have a new respect for colterphoto now...taking pictures is a TON of work and I had no clue what I was doing and was even trying to videotape at the same time! Oh ya, I forgot to mention that my adopted sister in Romania just got married, which was the whole reason for the trip. My parents were down there for a month to get to know them better and then I was flown down for the weekend of the wedding so that I wouldn't miss too much school.

Just curious if any of you guys have done crazy trips like this...I'm so totally exhausted and my body doesn't know what's going on. gotta love jet lag 14.gif

The three orphan girls we "adopted" were never 'officially' adopted for a huge list of stupid political reasons, which also means they still live in Romania...we'd love to bring them over here and all that, but the USA doesn't want Romanians moving to America (more politics).

But even though it's not an official legal adoption it rings true in every sense of the meaning. It's definetly not a typical relationship considering the great distance, but it is a very strong one and they even refer to my (our) parents as mom and dad and all that cool stuff.

----------------

On 7/26/2005 6:02:54 PM nicholtl wrote:

I've still never been to Europe.

----------------

No offense Nic but making that comment at 24'ish just is not conjuring up much of an emotional repsonse here.2.gif I've been 2/3 of the way around the world and still never made it to Europe either.