Emotiva MPS-1 Seven Channel Power Amplifier

Big Ears

I am thinking of adding a power amp to my system. I'll use a Yamaha RX-V2500 as the pre/pro and was looking at the Rotel 1095 until I saw this review http://www.audioholics.com/productreviews/avhardware/emotivaMPS1p1.php for the Emotiva. Do you guys have any thoughts on this amp or company you could share? I have never heard of this brand before. This guy seems to like it paired with the 2500. He's not a Klipsch user, so I'd rather get you guys' opinion on this amp and how it might sound with 7's. I'm trying to stay just under the 2K mark for this upgrade. Thanks.

----------------

On 7/27/2005 4:38:21 AM Speedball wrote:

That looks like what they sell over at AV123.com, they also sell Rocket speakers and Onix electronics.

----------------

I've never heard of those brands either. Are we talking about "white van specials" then?

----------------

On 7/27/2005 10:42:02 AM Big Ears wrote:

----------------

On 7/27/2005 4:38:21 AM Speedball wrote:

That looks like what they sell over at AV123.com, they also sell Rocket speakers and Onix electronics.

----------------

I've never heard of those brands either. Are we talking about "white van specials" then?

----------------

Most definitely not white vanners. Rocket loudspeakers have a very loyal following and are an internet direct company.

----------------

On 7/27/2005 11:29:38 AM Frzninvt wrote:

I would choose the Sherbourn 7/2100A over that amp any day. It is in the same price range and it will meet power spec, and it employs 7 individual mono-block amps in a single chassis with dual power cords. Check it out!

----------------

Anyone have this amp or know where to find a review?

Looks like JamesJ bought one recently and has it running the Klipsch THX Ultra II speaker system. You could PM or Email him for his thoughts.

He has a post right below this one currently.

If I was in the marktet for an amp it would be the main contender, either that or I would buy four older Nakamichi PA-7AII's. Either that or I would run eight of Craig's VRD tube amps but at around $10K for eight of them it is too pricey for me.

Actually that guy that reviewed the Emotive amp prefers it over the Sherbourn. Supposedly its uses some higher quality parts, puts out slightly more power when they measured it on the table. It is also true 7 channel monoblock design like the Sherbourn. One Sherbourn was and maybe still is one of that websites reviewer's reference amp. The Emotiva is about to be in another one of the systems, and is replacing an existing amp. There is a whole thread about it on thier forums.