Medeski Martin and Wood

theryugobuddy

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duke-

One more--

I was listening to DTB today and it hit me. It sounds alot like my favorite Santana album. If you don't have "Moonflower", you should. Incredible guitar, including THE version of Europa. 2 CDs most of which is live, but it has 3 great studio pop songs including "She's Not There", and a few other studio cuts.

I had the album when it came out. Its their best live album--better than "Lotus"--

My fave as well. Great playing by everyone in the band. Tom Coster's synth is awesome. Very lush album and I enjoy the live/studio mix of it.

no Ive seen Ween a few times up here, that never disappoints. Only other shows Ive been to lately is dark star orchestra and Ani difranco, that woman can play guitar hardcore, she hits notes with such ferocity you think she's gonna snap the thing in half and she's so small in stature. I also hate to admit that a freind gave me tickets to G love but I couldn't stay for long it was terrible.

they have a little Jazz fest up here during the summer, and one of the stations hold shows every thursday in a park that over looks lake champlaign and the adirondacks behind that. Havent really done much this summer sorry to say, all work and no play..........dull boy

• 2 weeks later...

Keep this thread going you guys.

I just ordered:

Indigenous- Live @

Robert Bradley-Time To Discover

Santana-Moonflower

DTB-Soul Serenade

I,like most people here need new music. When I called my local music shop and placed the order he asked me where and the heck I got this playlist from. I always tell him some guys from the Klipsch Board.

Thanks Duke and Thereyougo (I wish i new you real name. I always have to cut and paste but I didn't this time).

Danny

I just read this thread and someone mentioned DTB, well a buddy of mine had burned a couple bootlegs of them but I never listened to them., so I popped them in...WOW!!!! these guys are great. No title on the discs just dates. One says 11/20/04, the other 4/30/05. Not bad sound quality either, for a ROIO.

I have a burner if anyones interestred. LOVE spreading the music.

Ron

DBFlash--

DTB is great--Their Live at the Georgia Theatre is killer, and the live bootleg from Duke really kicks--Send me your address and I can send you some--

I saw Derek Trucks at the Sarasota Blues Festival when he was just a kid-- I mean 12 or 13 years old. With all the Stevie Ray Vaughan imitators there, even then he sounded original because he really was "playing" with that slide geetar as a kid would--

I think he blows Warren Haynes away now--

let us know how you like the stuff you ordered--

Thanks to all of you who are offering to make me copies. I will be in touch soon.

Been a busy weekend and I only got to listen to a couple of CD's so here goes:

Sanata- Moonflower. I love this CD. I knew it would have a Latin flavor, buy the Jazz licks are so smooth. I must have listened to this one 3 times over and over starting late Saturday night.

Robert Bradley- Time to Discover is out of print. My CD man ordered the self titled one. I listened to it while I was driving around Saturday. I like it alot also. Some good words and music. I think I will be playing this one alot in the future.

Saturday the CD store I buy my stuff at had a live instore mini concert. I bought Reed Waddles CD a couple weeks ago and it is my surprise favorite CD of the year so far. It was just Him and a keyboard player.Awesome "show". There were 4 of us in the store so it was nice. I couldn't make it to his show later that night with the rest of the band because of nudity if you catch my drift.

I went home after leaving the CD store and put on Derek Trucks Band- Soul Serenade. Played it back to back. The guy and his band are so good and original. I am going to order everything I can get my hands on. Outstanding. I knew it was going to be guitar driven, but he plays just enough to let his band shine.

Tonight I will give Indigenous a spin.

Besides buying the four you recommended I also bought Delbert McClinton, Bob Dylan and Paul McCartney.

What I have listened to so far I think it's a tie between Santana and Derek Trucks as my favorite.

Keep posting. I pick up my Khorns Thursday and I need new music. I try and get 3-5 CDs every Friday from my local independent CD store and I only have 1 ordered so far.

Thanks again,

Danny

Thanks to all of you who are offering to make me copies. I will be in touch soon.

Been a busy weekend and I only got to listen to a couple of CD's so here goes:

Sanata- Moonflower. I love this CD. I knew it would have a Latin flavor, buy the Jazz licks are so smooth. I must have listened to this one 3 times over and over starting late Saturday night.

Robert Bradley- Time to Discover is out of print. My CD man ordered the self titled one. I listened to it while I was driving around Saturday. I like it alot also. Some good words and music. I think I will be playing this one alot in the future.

Saturday the CD store I buy my stuff at had a live instore mini concert. I bought Reed Waddles CD a couple weeks ago and it is my surprise favorite CD of the year so far. It was just Him and a keyboard player.Awesome "show". There were 4 of us in the store so it was nice. I couldn't make it to his show later that night with the rest of the band because of nudity if you catch my drift.

I went home after leaving the CD store and put on Derek Trucks Band- Soul Serenade. Played it back to back. The guy and his band are so good and original. I am going to order everything I can get my hands on. Outstanding. I knew it was going to be guitar driven, but he plays just enough to let his band shine.

Tonight I will give Indigenous a spin.

Besides buying the four you recommended I also bought Delbert McClinton, Bob Dylan and Paul McCartney.

What I have listened to so far I think it's a tie between Santana and Derek Trucks as my favorite.

Keep posting. I pick up my Khorns Thursday and I need new music. I try and get 3-5 CDs every Friday from my local independent CD store and I only have 1 ordered so far.

Thanks again,

Danny

You be Rockin'

I'll send you a copy of Time to Discover and a best-of by Robert Bradley if you like. That first one has some great songs, but the next three were even better--and a little more polished--