Initial review of C7 with KG 5.5

t-man

Hi Guys.

My very first post here. It has been an interesting discussion thus far. My question to you now is this:

I currently have a pair of La Scala's for my mains and am running the RC-3 for a center channel. My thought was that the RC-7 would be a better match. I would appreciate your thoughts and feedback.

Thanks!

Scott A. McGillivray

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been experimenting with my KLF-C7, which is paired with Cornwall mains. Anyway here's what I did Sunday. I had an extra K77 tweeter from a LaScala and I hooked it inline with the c7. It sounded better. Then I took the AA crossover out of the LaScala hooked the k77 to the tweeter, then the c7 tweeter/horn to the midrange (squawker) and the two 8" woofers (big surprise) to the woofer. I know that the all the ranges couldn't possibly match up from the c7 components and the AA LaScala crossover, but it sounds great, not just a little better but great. The sound stage is much more consistent across the entire front. When switching from a stereo mode to prologic the sound no longer just collapses.

It's crazy, it can't be perfect, but it does sound good. Good enough to keep trying to improve it.

Jeff

------------------

Cornwalls Main fronts

KLF-C7 Center

IW-150 Rears

KSW-12 200watt Sub

Anthem AVM20 Preamp

5 Adcom 555s all mono BLK

Toshiba 9200 DVD

Sat. / Mit. VCR

-----------------------

Project room