Know you electrons....

Yes, the rapid thermal heating results in violent vibration which results in the bulb filament breaking.

The rest of the analysis of electron behavior within conductors is not so easy once you begin trying to analyze what is happening other then achieving thermal stability.

Sorry I tried to relate behavior of electrons to a real world use... I guess the best answer is to fit in with a grunt and a scratch and to spend exorbitant amounts of money on fancy colored magic cables and make elaborate claims of hearing things my dog has never heard.

Grunt Grunt scratch

----------------

On 7/30/2005 6:55:13 PM skonopa wrote:

... Sad thing is that I actually understood what he was talking about.
6.gif

----------------

Yah, me too! (Although, I have long since forgotten all of the math to back it up!)

I was a little confused when he had water boiling at " 212F/110C (STP)" but later he used " exactly 212F/100C(STP)" so the first one was obviously a typo.

I guess need to get out more! 8.gif

So, does anyone routinely initialize their system using the Very Yak?

This thread, more or less, is what I had hoped for by asking my naive questions. Knowing your electrons is like knowing your cuts of meat.......which includes head cheese.

I still think that electrons want to do their best and we should give them all the help we can.....so they can "shine"....it is what they were meant to do......and the ones involved in producing sweet audio are very priviledged...

I worry about the growing number of "homeless" stray electrons in the universe lately..... l cover up my AC outlets when not in use to avoid such leakage......

c7s

----------------

On 7/30/2005 5:13:14 PM dragonfyr wrote:

But beyond this, you again enter the quantum realm as soon as you approach the realm of near massless 'things' going near the speed of light- electrons, etc! And all of the classical models of pool balls bouncing around, or of waves, or of any other model, begin to break down and become invalid.

href="
"'>
" target=_blank]

----------------

I love taking others posts, editing them to one of the main nuggets of truth and reposting them in the short form. (Kind of a public service!) You guys are pretty smart! Anyway, the above section of the very interesting post by dragonflyer, shoots exotic cables all to hell. Good Work.

Now about my laser order I want to place........9.gif

----------------

On 7/31/2005 2:30:19 AM Clipped and Shorn wrote:

I worry about the growing number of "homeless" stray electrons in the universe lately..... l cover up my AC outlets when not in use to avoid such leakage......

c7s

----------------

lol I am going to the local thrift store to buy a bunch of used toasters I'll plug them into every spare outlet I have and give those homeless stray electrons a home lol

If the amp is at idle, the work is already done - that is, the power supply caps are completely charged up and are sitting there awaiting discharge. Aside from "filling" losses due to heat, there is no real current being drawn.

I guess at this stage it depends on thermal loss.

DM2.gif