Klipsch RF-5's Connection Posts

Hello Forum

I have a pair of RF-5's and I want to understand the connection posts in the back. There are 4 posts, 2 red and 2 black. Looking from left to right they go red, black, red, black. The first red has LF written above it and the last black has HF written above it. The two posts in the middle don't have anyhting written above them. I was told recently that depending on how I connect my cables, I will get a slightly different sound. Is this correct? Can someone explain this to me? I currently have my cables hooked up to the two outer posts, which would seem to mean that I am achieving a combination of low and high frequencies. I'll await your replies.

Thanks!!

Robert

The speakers are set up so you can biwire them.You can make or purchase speaker cables that have 2 red + leads coming from your amp output binding post and 2 blacks -.In other words 2 wires(red) coming from 1 post and 2 (black)coming from one post.Then you hook 1 set red/black to low and one set to high after removing jumper cables between post at speakers.

The theory is you have more cable mass and a set of dedicated cables to low and high input.You also can biamp which is having an amp output to low side and an amp output to high side.In other words a stereo amp would run 1 speaker.

I have tried all these methods,if you use one good 12 guage cable it sounds just as good to me,make sure you have jumpers on speakers when using only one pair cable.

Do the posts have jumpers? Those look like metal ribbons connecting the posts to one another. If they do, you should connect to the left hand red & black posts or the right hand posts.

Your current arrangement of outer posts sounds incorrect to me based on your description.