anyone know where

anyone know where a person would list a entire contractors tool set up, with trailer (enclosed) for sale, i am contimplating selling my tools as i dont forsee me going back to this line of work, i have everything a contractor could ever need to build a home from a to z this would include paint sprayer, generator, all saws for framing to finish includeing tile wet saw, all drywall tools all siding tools includeing metal brake, ladders ladder jacks, walk board, all the air tools guns compressors gas and elec, framing finish, staplers palm nailer you name it it is more than likely here, i am thinking if i sell this it has to go as a group not going to piece this out right now, easily in excess of 15000.00 in tools plus a 6 X 12 enclosed trailer the trailer is very nice no leaks etc... i looked on ebay but didnt see a heading that would let me post where it would be seen for all that is there, wondering if anyone on here would know of a place that something like this would get good views from a large # of people10.gif Joe

----------------

On 8/3/2005 9:47:32 PM Duke Spinner wrote:

why sell yer tools ..??

hire some body to use them ...

----------------

you are obviously not from maryland/dc aera. at least if i sold them i would get something out of them. if i hired someone i would get them stolen more often than not. 10.gif Joe

Joe,

Why are you getting out, and what line of work are you doing now? If you don't mind answering, of course. I've been a carpenter for 25+ years, was out of it for about 4 years, and have recently started back up (and the body is complaining LOUDLY). Not sure it was a good idea, but I am providing for the family...

Best of luck in your endeavors!

i was in the business for the last 6 years working for myself and 15 years before that i worked for others i am now 40 and working alone (no laborer) is getting a little harder, not to mention cant get ahead seems like jobs came in spurts. i was working for a single individual the last 3 years and the pay was great but no benefits and again i am now 40. after some long hard thinking i figured with the new health issues, and no retirement, no vacation etc... and im trying to have a little one with the new lady in my life i truly needed health ins. so i was able to get a job with amtrak as a union employee in ther maint. dept, i am making near the same money and i have all the benefits (health, life, vacation, free riding policy etc...) i took a look at what the new job entails and although i know i will get bored at times (same work over and over) i will have a chance to move up in the co. and i can retire at 62 with alot better retirement than social security can give me i also have the option for 401K after a year, i just felt like this would have to be the time to settle down into 1 job and try to provide for the future, construction wouldnt allow me that oppertunity10.gif joe