Ksw-15 vs Rsw-15

Joe DiClemente

The first part was great Mr TV until you went off road again ...

"I just believe you can get 90-110% of the performance for 10-20% of the cost."

LOL sure in Wonderland where Alice lives and Samson amps are world class.LOL

Oh and maybe a Toyota Tercel is 110% of a BMW M5,right?

In some distorted dreams maybe.

Name me ONE just one amp that sounds better and has more power than a Krell FPB600.I await your answer Mr TV,you better back your wild claims with substance here.Or its LOL time again.

And your answer to my Carver TFM-75 question only shows me you dont know the Carver TFM-75 as I know the green peeps from Mars!.Mr TV just FYI the Carver TFM-75 runs circles around the Samson in terms of power and quality.The TFM-75 is a dual mono(needs two 15AMP outlets)and delivers 1000W RMS(full bandwith)into 4 ohms(per channel).Bring on the Samson LOL

cwm27.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

***"I just believe you can get 90-110% of the performance for 10-20% of the cost."***

>>>LOL sure in Wonderland where Alice lives and Samson amps are world class.LOL<<<

It depends what the term *world class* means in regards to amps I guess? What specifically is it about the krell sub amp that you think would allow the 30k woof to substantially outperform the dual CS_U/S1000 package?

>>>Oh and maybe a Toyota Tercel is 110% of a BMW M5,right?<<<

I don't think we're talking about the same issues at all.When I discuss woofin performance...I think in terms of clean headroom,frequency extension,the ability to stay linear as SPLs climb,group delay...that kind of stuff....actual performance.

if the tercel was documented as having the same 0-60/same 1/4/same G rating/same braking/same comfort level/same reliability/same everything(or better) than the M5...at 1/5th the price......then I would say it's as good as the M5 at 1/5th the price...wouldn't you? Instead of worrying about price tags,worry more about the performance capabilities.

>>Name me ONE just one amp that sounds better and has more power than a Krell FPB600.I await your answer Mr TV<<<

About the only issue I can see someone worrying about with the Samson is the damping factor. In many circles(circles with documented evidence)...this isn't even a corcern. However...if for SOME reason you're worried about having HUGE dampening....go with a CROWN K series.

I'm not sure what you mean by *sound better*. I have yet to see any evidence that a well designed SS amp sould have it's own sound at all(operating within it's intended range---not clipping for instance). If it does...it's coloring the source material.

>>>,you better back your wild claims with substance here.Or its LOL time again.<<<

You can *LOL* at whim...it is a free country after all. I would suggest folks concern themselves more with the actual performance capabilities of a sub(or an amp,or any A/V component really)...and worry less about the price tags.

>>>And your answer to my Carver TFM-75 question only shows me you dont know the Carver TFM-75 as I know the green peeps from Mars!.Mr TV just FYI the Carver TFM-75 runs circles around the Samson in terms of power and quality.The TFM-75 is a dual mono(needs two 15AMP outlets)and delivers 1000W RMS(full bandwith)into 4 ohms(per channel).Bring on the Samson LOL <<<

I didn't realize I was required to have in-depth knowledge any every amp in existence...my bad.1000w into 4ohm would be a little overkill for a CS_U,but to be honest...I don't recommend you purchasing one anyway. You seem so enamored with price tags and the bragging rights associated with such...I don't think the full value of a SVS product would be realized. If anyone wanted to compare the silly-expensive krell to a more commerical oriented company(than svs)...go with dual HGS18s. The HGS18s don't use *krell* amps of course...but they seem to manage just fineSmile.gif

TV

Well good to see Mr TV is still here.

And again I say it LOUD,I know well your SVS Ultra is probably the very best value in High-End subs.You seem to point at me this fact all the time,what is the use.

In due time I will get a pair of Ultras(if you are not too mad at TheEAR(s) and still want to sell them Smile.gif

Now the Krell FPB600 is used only to drive full rane spekers.It in no way was compared to the Samson(as the Krell is several classes up the ladder).

I was asking about the Carver TFM-75 a,p as a subwoofer amp for your SVS Ultras.By the way I got the Carver for $1000 Canadian(about $600US)in mint condition!At $600 there is no better value,it there is please I would like to know about such an amp.Remember 1KW RMS per channel(both channels driven)its a dual mono.The original price was over 2K in USD.

No I am not enamored with expensive gear,I think that Mark Levinson amps are overpriced.Only PassLabs sounds a bit better to my ears(and its not inexpensive,I would love to find the miracle amp...inexpensive and great sounding).I am not rich just an audio freak,if I can find a deal I grab it.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Mark Levinson 336,ha ha ha the Krell FPB600 costs about the same and sounds better and has some extra power(LOTS OF EXTRA WATTS).Both are built like tanks and both provoke agressive responses from owners who will defend their amps with vigor.Like me

Before you speak about amps you need to at lest try them at home with very revealing speakers.Only the Klipsch RB-5,RF-5 and RF-7 would fit the bill,other are not neutral to reveal most of the qualities and shortfalls(not many besides the price)of each amp.

The large vintage Klipsch like the venerable Klipsch Horn will not benefit as much from the mega amps,you better spend on a Musical Fidelity Nu-Vista and get at least the quality and more watts then most will ever need.Yeah the Nu-Vista from Musical Fidelity in my opinion outperforms even the Krell or ML on some types of music!This is the bargain Mr TV may have been talking about.The PassAleph(Pass Labs)also have world class(if not best of class) sound quality.And Spectral could very well be the most accurate.

This is why I use Dynaudio Contour speakers,they are neutral like very few and can take huge power,even the Dynaudio Contour 1.1 can take as much watts(if not more)then the Klipsch RF-5.The Dynes are hated by those with recievers and low bro amps.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

May I ask Btrigg where did you read this?Most High-End publications prefer tyhe sound of the large Krell amps to the large Mark Levinson amps.

On the digital side...I would go with Mark Levinson!Yes I would(may) do the unthinkable and match Mark Levinson front end with Krell amplification! Smile.gif

LOL

Two arch rivals in one system!

How bad am I?

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Hey 'ears,

I have a friend (well, more like extended aquaintence these days) who lives in Baltimore who uses a Krell KPS25 (?model number?) CD front end driving a Mark Levinson preamp (don't remember which one, about four years old, model immediately prior to new Reference preamp) driving Audio Research VT100 (original series) amps with Vandersteen 3-something speakers. Also has Tice power blocks (old ones) and all cabling is NB$.

It sounds absolutely awful - but that's just my opinion. He likes it. Or says he does, anyway...

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

Well Ray I have...

Sony SCD-1

Audio Research LS25

Krell FPB600

Dynaudio Contour 1.1's(to be replaced by Spendor FL-10's)

Monster Sigma speaker wires,M1000 digital interconects,M1000 interconects.

And it sounds fantastic,I also have the Klipsh RF-5 and will get my FR-7's this week!The RF-5 sound quite good on music but the Dynes and the Spendors outlcass them(they better at 4-5 times the cost).

The problem with very High-End you must match the gear well if not you end up paying the BIG green and end up with sometimes a very bad sonic match.

So this example of system does not in any way mean the components listed are bad,its the match and it may be the Klipschphile who is used to 150dB 1miliwat/1 kilometer sound! LOL

There are those who even buy Klipsch,Cerwin and JBL pro series for home and say all lower sensitivity speakers are garbage! LOL Those often need hearing aids.

TheEAR(s) Now theears