OT. How do I get rid of Barnet The Bat ...Non lethally?

lynnm

Seriously, I agree with dragonfyr. Bats are great to have around. The amount of mosquitoes they eat well is worth it. There are plenty of folks who would be willing to help out with bat houses and placement.

Bruce

Here is what the bat abatement companies (yes, there are companies that do nothing but get rid of bats) around here do...

To get rid of bats, first you need to figure out how they are getting in. Then you need to block up all entrances in a way that they can get out to feed, but not get back in. Generally, that involves closing up all but a few of the entrances and putting some kind of flap or such on the remaining entrances so the bats can get out but not get back in. Then when they are all gone, seal up the entrances that have the flaps.

Those high frequency generators are horrible. We used to go over a friend's house who had one and they are loud and piercing. Then again, I do have some insanely good hearing, but trust me, if you have normal hearing, I can bet you'll hear this sucker and it will annoy you.

----------------

On 8/11/2005 8:01:05 PM lynnm wrote:

Well he didn't come back yesterday....maybe he is p*ssed about my inhospitable attitude. I give him credit for being a feisty little son of a gun. The last time he was in he landed in my bathtub and couldn't get any traction so it was an easy matter to wrap him up in a small towel and turn him loose outside. The little guy cussed me out roundly. I think he was ready to go a couple of rounds with me
9.gif

Hopefully he will stay away now.

----------------

Sorry Lynnmmnmm

Barnet has been in contact with my furry individuals, and he has communication issues that can only be mediated by the ever-popular and super individual cats of the ultimate gene-pool level UNO (Blackie and Stripe, of course),

We as a result of extensive negotiations have agreed to share information that is of ultimate importance to us all.

Sooooo.... HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COOK RICE?

Barney ..... Barnet was a typo.... ( Fat Finger Syndrome )....In any event we agreed that in exchange for him staying out of my house I would issue a public apology for my inhospitality.

I hereby acknowledge that I was horribly unfair in my rejection of his efforts to find a warm and quiet place to nap and will next spring erect the mother of all bat houses for his sole use. For his part Barney has apologised for his ungentlemanly comments at our last encounter. I would repeat the translation but the language is such that any computer monitor unfortunate enough to display his comments would immediately burst into flame.

In fairness to Barney he did state that at the time he had eaten a few dozen mosquitos that had snacked on my ankles and had become grossly intoxicated and was at the time of our contretemps suffering from a world class hangover.

We parted amicably!