How do you deql with neighbors?

jnorv

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our house has 6 inch walls and double pane glass with sliding storms. I have had my system cranked loud at 3 am on weekends having afterbar parties and my neighbors have never complained.

The other night I forgot I had some windows open and I did get some strange looks the next day.....oh well.

I was just curious. I have never had any complaints from my neighbors (wife excluded). I have been living here for 25 years and know just about everybody. We actually live in two houses, side by side. We bought the second house for my dear departed mother-in-law and when she died we had gotten used to the extra space. Hard to come by in downtown San Jose, but we got them cheap 20 years ago.

100 db is not that loud if you have clean music. From what I read, damage does not start below maybe 120 db.

Jim N

• 2 weeks later...

I am curious on how you deal with neighbors when you crank up the sound level. I gave up on my La Scalas and went to the dark side. JBL 2245s in 828s with 515s and 1005s above that. Needless to say, I have ample clean dBs. I am fortunate in that my wife and I occupy two houses (side by side), but she complains about the sound level. My tenants, next door and the people across the street dont complain at all. My favorite listening level is in the range of 100 dB. What do you locals have to say?

That sucks, I listen to my music at 115-126 dB. In my opinion try and talk to your neighbors in a time schedule.