On the Forum and the Coolness of a Couple of its Members

Olorin

It's my turn.

In the last couple of months I've had some dealings with a couple of Forum members. I'm terribly late in thanking the first, so I'll mention scott0257 first. A couple months ago he decided to offer some of his extra stuff here for the low low price of zero before it went to Goodwill. I spoke up for a vintage 70'sish Fisher receiver, which Scott sent me for the cost of shipping.

Scott's packaging was awesome. If this is how he packs the free stuff, I wonder what kind of armor he puts around the things that people pay for. The Fisher came to me without a nick, and, hooked up to my Heresys, made up the sound system for our 4th of July block party. More than one person commented on how surprisingly good all that "old stuff" sounded. It's late, but thank you Scott.

Just a couple weeks ago shane_o_mac offered his H/K AVR-235 for sale since he just upgraded to a more powerful Denon unit. We communicated and decided to make a deal. Shane sent the unit within 24 hours of receiving payment, and his communication throughout the process was always prompt and polite. His packaging was also excellent, as he double-boxed the unit -- receiver in original packaging, original packaging surrounded by a good amount of padding and a nice thick cardboard box. His description of the unit's condition was spot-on. I would have no hesitation at all about buying from Shane again.