Forte I's and Forte II's match?

ajcllc

Will Forte I's and Forte II's match in home theatre with Forte II's in front and Forte I's on sides? (along with Quartets as rears and Academy center)

Is there much of a noticeable difference considering the I's and II's are slightly different?

Any suggestions and/or opinions are very much appreciated!!!

I am picking up a pair of nice Forte II's for $250 in about an hour!

I think they will work fine. What is most important is that all three front channels match as best as possible. It is those speakers that are radiating sound directly to your ears. The better they match the better chance at having a total seamless front soundstage. So your next project needs to be replacing that Academy. With rears you are only hearing reflected sound so timbre matching isn't quite as important.

At that price you can't go wrong. Try them see what you think. For rears I can't imagine a problem, but I have not personally head it. If you were trying to use one as a center between the IIs maybe an issue. FII/Academy/FII up front with Forte in the back will be smoking.

EDIT: STL, In a perfect world he would have all three in the front the same, but that is not always possible. An academy is an excellent choice for center between the Forte II.

ajcllc, tell us about your room.

I used a set of original Forte's as the surrounds for Forte II mains for a short time. I think I enjoyed them the most when I ran them in 5 channel stereo mode. They are different than the II's, but augment them very nicey. If you are going to spend the time and effort, FIRST concentrate on matching the mains and center - it IS the best return on your efforts.

On 8/19/2005 1:23:52 PM rplace wrote:

STL, In a perfect world he would have all three in the front the same, but that is not always possible. An academy is an excellent choice for center between the Forte II.

I don't doubt that the Academy is a worthy center, but a "homegrown" speaker that untilizes the same mid and high horns as the mains would be surperior.

Thanks everyone!

The Forte II's look great and sound awesome. Really good match with the Forte I's!

So far I have both sets of Forte's with a set of Quartets...along with a Denon AVR-2802. I am looking for an Academy and a better sub. Currently I have a Cambridge Soundworks sub.

(I believe I can get great 7 channel results with everything.)

Also, my room is 14x10.