I won an acution for some Cornwalls

laurenc319

hi all,

I picked up a pair of Cornwalls on Ebay for 710.00

see here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5800039774&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

Looks like one of them had a plant or something on top of it, but otherwise they appear in pretty good shape.

After all that is said here I can't wait to hear them and see how they compare to my Forte I's

I'm going to use them in a second system with my EICO HF-81 and eventually with a SET of some sort.

Can anyone look at the serial numbers and tell me what year they are from ?

thanks,

Larry

Those are in pretty nice shape. I'd say you did well. Are you having a friend pick em up in person? Good man!

Cornwalls are BIG, girls think they can camoflage them with a friggin FERN. Can't be done. Remember ladies, wood and water don't mix. At least put a dern plate under the pot if you have to do this.

I agree with other poster. Cornwalls should be your MAIN system.They'd go well as a HT system with those Forte's in the back!

Michael

hi,

"second system? I highly doubt it, not with tubes"

Well it's a second system, not a secondary system. The Forte's are in the living room and I'll try to convince the boss to put them there and use them with the Cary SLI-80, otherwise they go in the Rec-room/computer-room with the EICO, which is a great amp, very sweet and natural sounding with a good phono stage. This means of course I have to retube the EICO with nos tubes, more fun ahead.

Larry

I hear you on the second vs. secondary system. The CW's just don't have high enough WAF to be put in the main room. My CW's and tube integrated go into the office/music room. It is MY primary system. It is the family's secondary and little used system. Basically, it's MINE. Keepa you hands off. I like it that way. 1.gif

Larry, all I can say is you're gonna love your Cornwalls with the EICO, and with SET! Just hope the room you're going to use for this secondary system is rather large. My tiny spare bedroom was way too small for such large loudspeakers, not only in terms of aesthetics, but also in sonics. In my experience with my Cornwalls, a small room won't let your Cornwalls breath properly and may sound harsh (at least to me mine did). In a large room they can speak much more clearly and with authority, and sound as if the band or concert is in the room right there with you.

Just my opinion...in any case you have a lovely pair of '79s (also like mine) worthy of ownership. All I can say is keep the lil' lady's plants off their tops!11.gif

----------------

On 8/24/2005 7:46:50 PM intotubes wrote:

I hear you on the second vs. secondary system. The CW's just don't have high enough WAF to be put in the main room. My CW's and tube integrated go into the office/music room. It is MY primary system. It is the family's secondary and little used system. Basically, it's MINE. Keepa you hands off. I like it that way.
1.gif

----------------

Agree. My Belles are my primary system, but they are the family's secondary and little used system. Plus too many tubes to be messed with (potentially) if I am not around. The Reference stuff gets the primary use with the family (higher WAF), but is my second on my list of preferences. Fortes have a higher WAF than Cornwalls.

Congrats on the Cornwalls. They look nice.

Carl.

hi,

I made contact with the seller today and he's a very intesting man. While in college he had 2 pairs of Cornwalls in his dorm room. A long time Klipsch fan. At present he has a another 2 pairs of Cornwalls, a pair Belle's and La Scalas. I think he's planning on selling two or three of the units he has.

He has in the past made three other pairs of Cornwalls buy buying the component parts fron Hope andbuliding the cabinets himself.

He has a business which ships all over the world and knows how to pack and ship large items including pallets for really big items.

His EBay name is raptor1021 for those of you who may be interested in following his up coming auctions.

Larry