Lascallas on Agon for 500.00-- Are they real Lascallas

RAPTORMAN

Looks real to me.. And it would be a great deal boardering on a steal to me for 500.. I would jump on them if in TX.. ASAP// The triangle top thing? I have no idea what it is... but it does keep the other important person in your life from putting a live plant or vase on them!! hahahaha

Looks like her added grills afterwards, a beautiful pair of birch raw ones IMO.

I would give him a email and jump fast on these...

I agree with INdy. Very nice pair of birch laScalas.

One thing strange about the first picture, in addition to the pyramid

thing on top, I can't quite feature what I think i"m seeing in the bass

bin. Looks like there is a view through to the rear on either side of

the dog house. Must be an optical illusion. Can't imagine a

LaScala with the back taken off.

Someone in the Dallas area should be checking these out. If they are indeed real this is not just a good deal this is a absolute steal!

The first picture looks to me like someone custom made that neat little piece to sit on top of the speaker and that is creating an optical illusion. The second picture clearly shows a square cabinet.

Craig

Someone in the Dallas area should be checking these out. If they are indeed real this is not just a good deal this is a absolute steal!

The first picture looks to me like someone custom made that neat little piece to sit on top of the speaker and that is creating an optical illusion. The second picture clearly shows a square cabinet.

Craig

Yes that did blow my mind at first, I saw the bass bin, but the mid/hi looked like the trapezoidal split cabinet, although I've never seen that in Birch. Took swapping the photos back and forth before I realized he had those matching pyramids on there.

THAT"S ONE WAY TO KEEP THE FERNS OFF- maybe he's onto something! Like to know the story on that one 'keep yer dern plants off my speakers!". LOL

I think the dark portion of the bass bin is just shadow, I pshopped it and its stained all the way back, nice job of it too.

Be patient Steve, Texas is a long way from Ginny, but you've got a Houston place too. Maybe you'd just better ante up and pick these up- they're pretty and the price is right! Make up some story about truck repairs or something. Just go get em! You'll thank us later.

Michael

Steve,

Seriously, these LS are exactly what you are looking for. Look at it this way, you've got a place in TX, right. So have a friend hold em for you until your next trip. It won't cost you an extra trip since you probably go there occasionally.

Deal. I've paid $750 for LS not quite that pretty, Excellent shape, but walnut stain. Paid $1450 for LSI, see LS all the time for $80-$1000. Cornwalls are a good deal at this price, heck someone paid $1500 for CW's lately. These speakers are like $3000 new.

Audiogon means you just pay the price and get em, no bidding, no worries.

From every perspective this makes sense for you. It what you want, where you want it, at the right price, in good condition. It's you. Just make it happen. These deals don't come around but every so often. Might be years before you get another chance.

Be the ball.

Michael

I called and someone had already claimed them. He took my number, and

said he would call me if that fell through. If my phone rings, they

will be mine. I already went to the ATM and have a stack of fresh

twenties to hand him :)

I believe he realized they are worth more and pulled them.

I just hope they go to a good home.[:(] You know, someone that will love them and not set plants on them...[:'(]

The motto is, call first, ask questions later. I did this a lot when I first got started bidding or responding to ads. It pays to know the worth of the item in question (in various states of repair) ahead of time. Know how much you are willing to pay. When the stars line up- just hit BUY. Then come talk to us about it. In time you will know a good deal and when to jump. I dare say that all my time on this Forum has paid off handsomely. Not to brag, but I routinely purchase items below their worth, or land items of my dreams (the glass/al LSI's for instance). Of course, my time is worth nothing in these ventures!

Good shopping guys, we'll keep our eyes open for ya.

Michael