Toy Story 10th Anniversary Edition

Rick

I bought this today at Best Buy even though I already owned the original Toy Story 2 pack. It has Dolby Digital EX and DTS ES surround this time around and the picture quality is supposed to be improved. Of all the great animated films of the recent past, this is still my favorite! It came with a coupon for $3.00 off a purchase of the Incredibles and also $3.00 off the Toy Story 2 specail edition which comes out Dec. 26th. I can't wait to sit down and watch this in DTS ES this weekend![:D]

I was hoping someone would post on this, so is the video quality improved, sharper? I like the thought that it has DD-EX and DTS-ES soundtracks now. What about the Cars preview, is it a different than the one on The Incredibles DVD?

I too have the Toy Story/Toy Story 2 pack so I was curious if this 10th Anniversary Edition is worth purchasing.

Someone please report back with your findings. Thanks

I have been waiting for something like this. Although the

original Toy Story was an awesome DVD transfer at the time, it has been

trumped by Pixar's later releases. There are some obvious

compression and interlacing errors in the orginal Toy Story disc, a new

transfer is welcome.

And the sound doesn't hurt either.

I picked it up last weekend on an impulse buy at Wallymart. Its one I've wanted for a while so it was easy justification. Haven't had time to watch it though. I will probably do so tomorrow as I have been banned from work with a fever of 102. The cough syrup should certainly make it interesting![6]

Arrgh! The movie is awesome except for the fact that two chapters are completely hosed/unwatchable. I tried two different players with the same results. Guess I'll be taking it back at some point this weekend.[:@]

Its been a long time since I've seen this movie -- I forgot how clever it was. And most definitely timeless.