connecting computer speakers to tv?

Zedarian

wasn't sure where to post since this can be involved with a couple forums.

anyways

i would hope i could connect my computer speakers to my tv. since my tv got really poor speakers, and i just got a klipsch 5.1 promedia.

on my tv. its not too great of one 20 something inches. and its got the coaxial in the back, a video/audio jacks in the front and a headphone jack in the front.

then of course the speakers. klipsch promedia ultra 5.1

and my computer has all sorts of inputs/outputs.

sound card- creative x-fi extreme music.

umm don't know what else could be relevant.

if its possible tell me how if not its no biggie. im guessing its not possible.

i am willing to go out and buy somethings too if needed.

See if your set has audio outputs of some sort. Either RCA plugs or headphone jack. You can adapt either one to run computer speakers. I did just that with a 20" LCD set/DirecTV HD receiver and my ProMedia 2.1 setup robbed from the computer. I was so happy with the sound (used in a bedroom so no need for a real killer setup...) that I had to go buy another PM 2.1 setup to put back with the computer. But if you run the stereo audio output of just the TV you will only have capability for 2.1 sound; not 5.1 which needs the proper decoding.

so i can probably use the headphone output. but where to route it hmm? on the klipsch control unit where its got the music symbol?

yea if i can even get just 1 of the speakers to play that will be a 200% improvement. cause my tv is 5+ years old. not plannin on buying a new one cause my parents gonna give me their 50in when they get their new one. although the 50in is maybe 10+ years hey its free

• 17 years later...

Are my Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers (not Bluetooth) compatible with HDMI eARC?  Connecting them to TV through an HDMI Audio Extractor doesn't work.  Cable is OK.  Instructions from several sources say "....connect with HDMI ARC-compatible speakers" but I don't know how to find out if these speakers are compatible.  Of course my "modern" smart TV does not have headphone jacks or RCA connectors.

11 hours ago, Steven Spiker said:

Are my Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers (not Bluetooth) compatible with HDMI eARC?  Connecting them to TV through an HDMI Audio Extractor doesn't work.  Cable is OK.  Instructions from several sources say "....connect with HDMI ARC-compatible speakers" but I don't know how to find out if these speakers are compatible.  Of course my "modern" smart TV does not have headphone jacks or RCA connectors.

Do they have HDMI?

• 4 months later...

Trying to connect a new Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Computer Speaker System (Black) to a Vizio tv through the pin jack on the TV.  When I turn on the TV, speakers give a sound like they came on.  But no sound, have checked the TV menu and it doesn't appear there are options that will make it work.  Any thoughts, I did have this hooked up to a computer and they worked fine.  Thanks