OT: Corvette Z06

Zealot125

well it went something like this...

I had just had the speed limiter in my Buick Turbo-T removed and wanted to make sure I got my money's worth! So... a friend and I headed out to a mostly deserted stretch of interstate and away we went. I was at about 135 when I passed a State Trooper with another car pulled over. Figuring that with that kind of jump he wouldn't stand a chance I stayed on it. Never saw lights in my rearview or anything. a little while later this helocopter buzzes me and hits me with the spotlight from hell so I pull over and wait. At that point I knew I was in the deep darks! They don't take to kindly to having to call in air support! A minute or so later, cruisers from 3 jurisdictions come screaming up and one very large, very upset state trooper drags me out of my car and slams me face down on the pavement! I went to jail, car was impounded, friend had to call for a ride home from the nearest payphone! I am not sure how fast I actually went, but they said the chopper paced me at 155. The end result was a felony and 5 misdemenors, plea-barganed down to 3 misdemenors which resulted in loss of liscense for a year and around $3700 in fines, court costs, and attorney fees. Youth, ignorance, and horsepower can be an expensive combination

Around 1983 or 84, they tossed me in the CAN at De Ridder, LA. Spent almost 3 days in jail before they let me go. Too long a story, but in a nut shell, I was speeding quite fast, not 155 though, and was pulled over by Jethro the whitetrash cop. I was with a black college buddy, and the cop gave him a harder time than me. I got rude with trooper, and the next thing you know, I was on my way to the CAN. A very old building, and run down coach roaches and rat infested dungeon. On Sunday evening when they finally let me out (got a bails bondman) my buddy Ray was still waiting for me.

Though the trooper put a damper on our trip, we still jumped back in the car and headed to NewOrleans for the Worlds Fair. Those were my long hair'd days. Now I'm clean and spiffy, and don't drive quite as fast, unless I'm on the Ducati.