Beautiful--absolutely beautiful . . .

Allan Songer

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You go back a ways, Allan. Do you remember what record player was the first to use a clamp on it? And what year that would have been?

Another old-timer I know swears that he never heard better bass than what he heard on 78s.

No.

SInce you know, why not enlighten us?

And I'm still waiting for you to send me your address. The nice old Blue Note I offered you is boxed up and ready to mail!!

• Moderators

Am I...? Could I be....? But, wait, no! Is there really a discussion going on here between Allan and Parrot that has the sembalance of being civil? Other than the crack about age, I think it might be!!

Breakthrough, perhaps?

[:D]

Sorry guys, couldn't resist. Resume topic.

Ahhhh shiiiiiiux! and dammit man!!

I set up sniper with $1950, and off to work (out of town) I went. Only to come home and see that someone out bid me. Dog gone it!

I wanted that baby, BADLY.

Alan, you were right....she sold quite high indeed. Please keep an eye and an ear open for me. Anyway, I need the Belle's now, and can wait for another Thorsen, or whatever else you TT nut cases think is the cats meow. I did learn quite a bit about the TD124 in my research though.

Now it's time to go beat the cat, and whip the dog......I'M PISSED!!

ADDED LATER...

This says, I want to love you....

This one say, I'm going to seduce you and make love you all night long, and into the morning too....

Actually, I like them both very much, equally in fact as far as looks go. The Basis in black is absolute sex. Much more so than it's clear acrylic sister. And yes, I am nestolgic and wish I would have raised my bid a bit more. But I honestly thought $1950 would take it, and limited myself to the $2100 (with shipping) region. ..

Silly me, how soon I forget that a 1965 Cobra sold for around $6000 new, and now a well cared for stock original will bring in over a $1,000,000. Makes that Thorsen at $2000 seem like a steal. Damnit, gotta go kick the cat again.

Tell you what, I wouldn't trade my TD-124 for ANY VPI table--and it isn't because of "nostalgia."

Take that back, I would trade for a TNT, then SELL the TNT and buy another TD124 and have some cash left over for a few really nice records!

And it's not just the TD-124--its the combonation of the TD124 with the 12" SME and the Ortofon SPU.

Any time you're in the L.A. area you're welcome to drop by for a listen . . .