Pinters are hear...

IndyKlipschFan

Michael was right, it is an electrical box for the Berkline HT electric seats. I did not want to have to have a cord go the the side walls.

As far as the bathroom. LOL I let the crews use my toilet upstairs.. serve em coffee n bagels in the am, sodas in the afternoon and on the 3rd or 4th day my wife makes home made brownies too. (Everyone stays happy, I get work done usually if needed, and the jobs go quicker and we all stay friends.)

OMG is Black Black!! hahaha took 3 coats.. but looks fantastic.. Exactly how I wanted it.

I bought some more lights tonight.. They will look great too.

The main Carpet comes in Monday.. sadly this is everything BUT the Home theater...LOL>.

Painters here today and Saturday.....back Monday - Tuesday

Electricity on Tuesday..

Plumbing Tuesday or Wednesday..

HT carpet is due sometime 1st week of OCT.

It just might make it out of "fantasy land" into reality here.. We shall see!

Indy: Of course you know I was just funnin' ya about the trap. I was being my usual smarta$$ self.

I know exactly what you mean about the black. I was shocked at what an impact it made in our room. Now, it's made such a difference in our viewing that I would not be without it! The black helps keep your eyes riveted to the screen and lessens distractions.

post-10177-138192718939_thumb.jpg

Picky..amazing shot... and yes after being a singer in bands my whole life..Singing in musicals in HS.. My dream of such a stage for Karaoke not only for me but for my kids..extended family and friends too...

I just had to go with Black and I agree... You want to be glued to the movie... And with great Klipsch speakers, just get lost in everything visually and aurally too!

I am thinking a 106" screen here.. Day lite cinema contour.. (grey) with the Infocus 7210 projector. We shall see?

Indyklipschfan put his karaoke mic down just long enough to say: "and on the 3rd or 4th day my wife makes home made brownies too. (Everyone stays happy,"

So.......Indy, just what does your wife put in those brownies that keeps everyone "happy"???? LMAO [:D]

BTW, there's some hot new projectors that have come out recently. The new Pany AE900 looks to be able to kick some serious butt.

Tom

Tom,

enlighten me on some projectors and why.. I realise you can't chase the latest and greatest forever... It gets silly.. I also am getting a great deal on the Infocus 7210... for 4.500.

Picky... Again the black front looks great.

As far as brownies.. amazing what real chocolate, real butter in a convection oven will do to desserts..

Picky that does look nice. Your front wall is painted black?

In 6 more months or so when I am going through this I will have to get everyone to help me with a comprehensive plan.

Yes, Damon, the front wall and the beginning portions of the side walls are flat black. The ceiling is made of flat black melamine 2-1/2" thick foam ceiling tiles that absorb 90% of the sound that hits them = so, only a 10% sound reflection, whic is not noticable. The celing also does not reflect light from the screen - a huge plus.

Indy: Our screen is a 78" Stewart Grayhawk Luxus Deluxe Screen Wall and our Projector is a Sharp Vision DLP XVZ9000-U

Hold on now Indy.... You can spend a small fortuine on a screen or you can build one like I did. I have a whoppen $140ish into my screen.

Went to home depot got board that looks like peg board. Well, it's the same as peg board without the holes. One side is coated with a white plastic paint stuff. The other is the normal peg board-non painted. About $15.00

Went to http://www.goosystems.com/ and got some digital screen paint. You will get two things. One is a base coat, the other is the top coat. Covered my 4'x8' screen with a tiny bit left over. About $125.00 for both the base and top coat.

My screen has a beautyful image.

Picky that does look nice. Your front wall is painted black?

In 6 more months or so when I am going through this I will have to get everyone to help me with a comprehensive plan.

Yes, Damon, the front wall and the beginning portions of the side walls are flat black. The ceiling is made of flat black melamine 2-1/2" thick foam ceiling tiles that absorb 90% of the sound that hits them = so, only a 10% sound reflection, whic is not noticable. The celing also does not reflect light from the screen - a huge plus.

Indy: Our screen is a 78" Stewart Grayhawk Luxus Deluxe Screen Wall and our Projector is a Sharp Vision DLP XVZ9000-U

Where can I find info about this melamine stuff? Also picky does this mean you have a drop ceiling of some kind?

Indy: come on, you want a 1080p projector don't you?

Tom,

enlighten me on some projectors and why.. I realise you can't chase the latest and greatest forever... It gets silly.. I also am getting a great deal on the Infocus 7210... for 4.500.

Picky... Again the black front looks great.

As far as brownies.. amazing what real chocolate, real butter in a convection oven will do to desserts..

The InFocus 7210 is a fine DLP projector, no doubt about it. What I was mentioning was the latest crop of LCD's with contrast ratio's (claimed) of 5000:1 or better. For instance, the new Pany AE900U has a CR of 5500:1, has a 2.0x zoom, 1100 ANSI lumens, and the MSRP is $3200. Check out this article:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/cedia_2005.htm

Tom

Indy: Yes, I like the gray screen; it is optomised for DLP and enhanced the contrast level. It also has a 160 degree viewing angle with no noticible distortion. However, if you need higher gain, there are better screens out there for that such as the Firehawk (narrower viewing angle). I needed the wide viewing angle because of my tiny room whic made that a priority. That shouldn't be an issue for your big room.

Damon: I started out wanting a drywall ceiling, until I witnessed how amazingly effective the melamine foam ceiling is. So I went with a suspended ceiling and 2'x2' black foam tiles. There is no buzzing or anything. No reflections: neither sonically nor visually http://www.sonex-online.com/SONEX%20Ceilings.htm I used the "Basix" (plain) pattern.

I also installed exterior weather stripping around and an acoustic brush seal under my utility room door to block washing machine, dryer and furnace sounds from escaping through the bottom door gap and into the theater http://www.memtechbrush.com/brush-seals/brush-seals.htm