Sub Match for KG4s and H/K Rcvr

MBM135

I will soon be looking for a Sub to go with my set-up. Using KG4 mains, KV2 center, SS-1 rears powered by a Harman/Kardon AVR-110 HT Rcvr. Rcvr puts out 40 watts X5 which doesn't sound like much but is a high current amp that blows my old 80 watt Sony away. Power is OK but I would like an efficent match-up. Looking at the KSW-12 but was wondering if an older model might be a better match for my Kg-s? And cost less. Is it really that important to "match" the timbre of subs to mains?

Nearby dealer wants $449 for a new KSW-12. Trying to stay under $400 for sub and cable. Room is about 16X20.

Mike

MBM,

That's a tall order to fill for less than $400. If you could spend a bit more, consider SVS 25-31CS, or for around $300, you can find KSW-12 on-line, but you would still have to pay ship and cables. That might be your best bet. If you are looking for punch in your movies, you will really like it. Be prepared to turn it off for your music, though. The KG4's really have nice bass in this area.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KLF-C7 (center in storage)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

MBM,

There is a KSW12 on ebay used right now for $225 with buy it now.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KLF-C7 (center in storage)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

I am going to be selling my KSW-12 shortly, if you are interested in it. It is about 6 months old, has original box, manual, and packing material.....and it is in excellent condition with no abuse ever.

I would like to get $275-$300 + shipping.

Let me know, and we'll see what we can work out.

MBM135 you got that right!A Harman Kardon 50W high current amp will beat the overblown Sony "high power" jobber with no trouble at all.And sound better too!

The Klipsch KSW12 is a great inexpensive sub,good performance and easy to set up.

If you can spend just a bit more the SVS or HSU subs will give you more bass and high quality bass aplenty.

TheEAR(s) Now theears