Trachorn for Belle

joshnich

I have done a search on the ALK trachorn and most of the info is pretty technical and K-horn specific. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has installed it in a pair of Belles. From my perspective I would be interested in comments on the music versus the technical.

Thanks

Josh

Yes Ihave seen that he developed them for his Belles. I just havent seen a lot of comments from Belle owners who have installed the trachorn. i am sure this says more about my seach function using skills than I care to admit!

Josh

So far I have only shipped 3 sets of Trachorns to Belle users. I am using them, that makes 4 sets plus a center. Lee Clinton (Arketype) has one in his center too.

I have sent emails to these fellows who have installed the Trachorns in their Belles to see if they will contribute some impressions.

BTW: One set went all the way to Qatar (Middle East, South of Saudia Arabia). Shipping cost alone was roughly $400 by FedEx!

Al K.

There is a good jump in clarity, and the sound is more open and relaxed sounding. Voices sound natural, and there is better articulation. When power levels are increased, the sound doesn't become constricted and pinched like the K-400/401. If you just imagine a very clean sounding Klipschorn, then you pretty much have it. The Trachorn also has a flatter response than the K-400/401, especially in lower end of its response. This, along with the lower distortion and increased clarity gives the impression that the midrange is more pronounced than it was before -- which it is. A 2db drop in the squawker's attenuation is all that's needed, which is very easy to do with the network you're buying from me.

Josh,

I just got a comment on the trachorn by email from one of the fellows who installed a set in his Belles. Here's his comments:

"Before considering installing the Trachorns in my Belles, I had already both spoken to and emailed Al regarding his Universal Upgrade to my existing Belle networks, which I bought. He gladly answered all my stereo related questions which were of absolutely no financial benefit to him. I found that refreshing. His advice was sensible, pragmatic and plain speak. With that in mind, I decided I just couldn't go wrong by getting the Trachorns. Not unexpectedly, his praise of them was understated. No more "bottom-of-the-well" sound. Great dynamics and "room presence". They just sound bigger. PS I have subsequently traded-in my ALK networks for Al's "Extreme Slope". If your budget allows -- this is a must. If you have gone to the trouble of getting the Trachorns I strongly recommend you go the extra distance. You will then have world-class speakers without having spent $20,000 plus."

Rainer Gunther