Acadamy Alert

M6 Driver

ACADAMY just posted as well pair of Cornwall's plus 4 heresys up for grabs! just passing it along! So what are you waiting for?cwm16.gif

------------------

Thanks J

KLF 30 Mains

C7 Center

8.5 rears

Yamaha RX-V995

Toshiba SD-1600 DVD

Pioneer CLD-S201 LD

Pioneer PD-M53 CD

Sony 32 inch TV

no subs till house built

I hear ya Wes, ive seen birch cornwalls go for $800.00, and ive seen oak cornwalls go for $1,450.00!!

Same speaker drivers, different cabinets!!

As far as the academy goes, $250.00-$300.00 seems fair!!

You could get the brand new C-7 for the $600.00 on the e-bay academy!!

All of my speakers, including the academy, as of yesterday are all wired all the way through with 8 guage wire, now i have an extremelly efficient home theater system!!

The sony is at half the heat, all serious Klipsch owners really need to re wire the inside of there speakers, most of the wire used in the Klipsch isnt even copper!!

The new line is copper, they use monster cable now, i think they got the idea from me!! LOL!!!cwm4.gif

Check it out guys, ive said this before, examine the wires in your Klipsch, enhance the efficiency, La scalas, belles, heresys,cornwalls,chorus,fortes,academy, KG sreies, all need better wires, inside the speakers!

Be carefull on the KG series, tweeter meltdown on the contacts is easy to do!!

Well, have fun, Regards Jim

I've been wanting to rewire my speakers also. If you take them apart and look at the wires in them.....they are very small and thin and don't seem to be good for sound. I would like to do my Quartets and my Academy, so now it is to find out what is the best wire to use for each driver.....and then getting it done.

I rewired the academy in about an hour!!

If anyone does this, there are a lot of wires on the crossover about 8 in all!!

I used the flat cable from radio shack, its 19.00 for 50 feet, youll find it in the automotive stereo area!!

I know its radio shack, but at least its copper wire!!

If my fellow Klipschers attempt to rewire their speakers, just take your time, be carefull not to stab the woofer, with the screwdriver. or power drivers!!!

Also, be very carefull not to hold the solder gun on the plastic tweeter contacts, heresy 2s, fortes, chorus, Kg series, the contact post will melt, and the fine wire giong to the diaphram will break, yes i did this!!

So take your time, and you wont believe the amount of sound afterwards!!

I have cornwalls here that would prabably keep up with the K-horns!!

I call it hot wired, and also Klipsch is using monster cable in the speakers now!!cwm35.gif

Shapeshifter, i could rewire all your speakers in about 2 weeks, LOL!!!!

Cornwalls are easy, screw on the crossover, solder to the drivers!!

Before, the academy i have here, did not keep up with the cornwalls, not at all, thats because i hotwired all 4 cornwalls, now the academy is really deep, and fills the center very impressive!!

I was going to hotwire the quintets, but the wire is bigger than the speakers LOL!!!

Well, gatta go Regards Jim

Hey Jim......

Give us the details.......how big of a gauge of wire can we use? Do we have to drill any thing to make the bigger wire fit? Do you have any pictures of your work?

I am looking at 8awg pure oxygen free wire to use, but is that going to be good for all drivers? I thought I had heard to use solid-core wire for the tweeters, and big "monster" wire for the woofers.

Let me know what you think........