Custom "Heritage" Center

jwc

Nice work, how have you front mounted the K77? Or are my eyes deceiving me?

One thing that really bugs me is that Cornscala in front of that closet doorway. What's in there?

M

eww. The Closet. That is the gateway to Heritage Hell.

Actually, it is my entrance to the behind the stereo hook ups. This is where all the ugly stuff goes like power centers, old amps and a complete spagetti of wiring.

Yes the K77 is front loaded or non recessed mounted. I made my own z-brackets. This is also the way my Cornscalas are.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What about my idea: Take a Lascala, cut of the top, and lay it on its side. Then take the K400 and shove it in the top doghouse opening, and take the tweeter and put it in the K400 opening? Your heard it here first. My idea, my patent and copyright.

Or what about LaScala top section, with 2 12" K22 on each side? This would be 4 feet wide but only 1 foot tall

Putting the drivers in the openings will change the response

characterstics of the driver its sitting in...aka you will ruin the

sound.

However, you could easily build a modified lascala bass bin that allows

for a coaxial alignment of the squaker and then you could squeeze in

the tweeter above it.

What about my idea: Take a Lascala, cut of the top, and lay it on its side. Then take the K400 and shove it in the top doghouse opening, and take the tweeter and put it in the K400 opening? Your heard it here first. My idea, my patent and copyright.

Or what about LaScala top section, with 2 12" K22 on each side? This would be 4 feet wide but only 1 foot tall

Nice to have your interest. I went through many ideas. The one with the 2 K22's with the K400 and K77 has been thought of. It would have an awkward shape. Yes doable. I have two alnico K22's. Two big to fit in my center space.

I have an Alnico K22 if anyone is interested in a custom center.

jc

From start to finish in well under a month, AND it works!! It takes me a month to talk myself into to thinking about starting a project!! Heck, my subwoofer project is into month 3 and all I have accomplished is buying the driver and coming up with a design!!

Looks great as usual! I am really intrigued buy the Herscala idea, BTW!!