"Woodog" Chaulk one up for B&K power,eh?

BS Button

Woodog visited tonight, taking in the new LaScala's (97's with AL-3's) and while they sounded pretty darn good, both "Woo" and I were rather taken in by this B&K amplifier. Rather warm, stunning, and very clear. I'm giving a solid thumbs up to this equipment: Woo may want to chime in.

BS

Woodog visited tonight, taking in the new LaScala's (97's with AL-3's) and while they sounded pretty darn good, both "Woo" and I were rather taken in by this B&K amplifier. Rather warm, stunning, and very clear. I'm giving a solid thumbs up to this equipment: Woo may want to chime in.

BS

Yeah I do. Great sounding system. I mentioned a big nod to solid state in the other thread. Sounds great - warm and engaging - and rock solid imaging. I really like feeling the muscle of that amp too. Feels like it could reach inside of you, shake you, and still have room for more. Those LaScalas are very pretty and they match the ambience of your fine sounding room, too AND they load the room very easily. Ya done good with those!

I'll bet Colter is asking about those lonely Corns. That IS why he made you get the LaScalas. [:P]

Woo

Hey BS:

As you can see from my sig line, I've become a big B&K fan - one piece at a time.

Which ref amp have you got?

I've got an all B&K set-up now (except for the Carver CT-17 pre-amp

and Optonica Integrated amp out in the garage). Four B&K amps

and a Ref 50 in my main listening room driving La Scalas, Cornwalls,

Heresys and a RC-7.

My original ST-140 and a PT 3 II driving Heresys in my home office system. It's all good.

Welcome to the fold.

James

Thanks Woo, No, actually, I'm thinking that Todd might want to pick up the beautiful LSBR's with BEC AA's in trade for those 97 black beasts!

DrWho just delivered CW nos 8 and 9 the other day, garage is nearly full up! And I'm getting those 4 beater LS next Sat!

No Todd, you just keep em all until the old lady tells you to have that garage sale. I've still got my LS and CW side by side, can't bear to toss one pair or the other.

Great, now I'll have to get more power, Guess the old Yammie 2400 isn't enough power although we've reached an effortless 120 db here.

Michael

Right you are Dean!

I heard the story of the near sale, near lost sale, plastic part retrieval from doghouse yesterday. Quite an adventure for Mssr Button!

Quite an extraordinary deal, esp considering condition and AL3! I'm jealous. And Todd thought he was gonna be a TUBE guy! His sonic fate sure got twisted around this year.

M

I called the seller ready to buy, and he told me he had another potential buyer sitting on the fence. I told him to call the guy and to tell him to sh!t or get off the pot. The seller happened to mention my name to Todd when he called him, and it added an interesting dynamic to the deal. I got Todd's number from the seller when he called me back, but I couldn't get through to Todd's phone because of his privacy manager -- so I pinged him through the forum. Todd called me and we worked it out during the midnight hour. I think it ended by me saying something like, "Look dude, I've got Klipschorns, and you're sitting over there with those God awful Cornwalls ... " :)

And I'm getting those 4 beater LS next Sat!

I'll ask the same question Sputnik asked me .......

Why not build a House outta Speakers ...?????

.............BWAAAAHAHAHAHAA .....[:D].......[:D]........[:D]........[:D]

He's got 17 cats, they need a home, too! Cover the world in Klipsch, Colter!

Hey BS:

As you can see from my sig line, I've become a big B&K fan - one piece at a time.

Which ref amp have you got?

I've got an all B&K set-up now (except for the Carver CT-17 pre-amp and Optonica Integrated amp out in the garage). Four B&K amps and a Ref 50 in my main listening room driving La Scalas, Cornwalls, Heresys and a RC-7.

My original ST-140 and a PT 3 II driving Heresys in my home office system. It's all good.

Welcome to the fold.

James

Well, I've just been informed that my amplifier is an ST 125.2, but it's one of the newer one's, not sure about the difference in those and the reference. It says Reference on the box, same with the PT-5.