Lord of the Rings

33klfan

In my opinion, probably one of the best movies out there. All of them in extended addition, u get extra footage and dts encoding. The sound and video is top notch. I just could watch these movies all the time but they're so long. But they are really good, because 4 hrs. seems like nothing to me anymore to watch a movie, especially this type of movie. It's so good.

I like them alot more than Star Wars / Star Trek and the like--

I read the Trilogy after seeing all the movies--its incredible that Tolkien, who was a language expert, had that vision in his head to write--such a vivid and large story. The fact it made it to the screen looking as good as it does and very close to the original makes Peter Jackson a genius to me.

(You should see Dead Alive--one of Peter Jackson's very early movies. Very crude effects but extremely entertaining--alot of blood and guts. I found it hard to believe the same guy that did LOTR did this movie--)

Whenever I see Orlando Bloom--I can't forget him climbing up that elephant battle thing and killing everyone on top of it with bows and arrows then putting three in the top of its head then sliding off the trunk--too cool. Classic--

LOTR-Fellowship of the Rings was one of the first DVDs I watched after I got a new DD5.1 receiver and tweaked and balanced my setup, and I could not believe the layers of subtle (sometime not so subtle) sound and music, unlike any other movie I have ever seen. There's such a remarkable 3-D spatiality to the sound. It's no surprise that it (all 3?) was nominated (did it win?) a technical Oscar for sound. I tried to watch all three on one Saturday last year, but had to quit during the Return and watch the rest the next day; and those were not even the extended editions.

Yes, Orlando Bloom is awesome and quite talented in that movie. My favorite though is Aragorn. I like all of the actors and actresses but viggo mortenson just stands out to me more. He just is really catchy in that movie. I love that part to with legolas, but it's also cool where all the dead invade the area and kill all the orcs. Awesome. One of my favorite parts is where Aowen kills the dark lord, that's crazy. I completely unexpected it. Not a dull moment within like the 11 hours of total movie time among the three.