Titanic Special Edition

toddvj

Just a heads up, I don't know if you guys know about it, but the Eagerly Awaited Titanic Special Edition is Now Available. They sure didn't do a lot to promote this disc, but it is well worth picking up, even if you have the original. I feel like they have finally righted a past wrong, and have finally done this movie Justice. The Video is Anamorphic this time, and they have added a DTS-ES 6.1 track! The movie is spread out over 2 Discs, which was needed for a movie of this length, with a third disc of Special features, including deleted scenes and an alternate ending. I guess there is also a 4 disc set as well?? I'm not big on all the extras, quality is way more important to me, but I think they accomplished both with this set.

not meant as a dig at you tod, just voicing my opinion about what I found to be a pretty well done yet none the less extermly long film that happend to appeal to my wife WAY more then it ever could to me...

I somehow managed to live through two screenings to many with her and I only saw it once (an extremly long restroom break at the BW3 next to the theatre during the second screening helped) While I left her and my daughter alone to watch it god only knows how many times on dvd at the house

• Moderators

Ok, to defend the girls point of view on this movie...well, I might not be "typical," but I did love this movie.

Not for the love story, however, which I found incredibly unbelievable, not to mention corny with terrible dialogue....but for the history of the event, the fabulous special effects, the costumes, and the secondary characters (even though they were a bit "cartoonish," I still found them entertaining).

I, too, can watch it over and over. Not in a row, however. Perhaps yearly. [:)] Since I don't have it on DVD yet, I may just consider this version. Thanks for the heads up!

PLEASE don't tell my wife....

I don't think I could possibly tolerate viewing that flick yet again [:#]

LOL

They can release Titanic Turbo El Wooferos THX Ultra Cubed boxed,canned set and I would still not buy it.At the end the ship still sinks and softies cry.And Celine"best singer in Quebec" Dion tortures my refined speakers. [;)]