Klipsch THX Ultra 2 Speakers

Maya

I just bought a complete set of Klipsch THX Ultra 2 for my Home Theater. In my opinion they sound great, being the 2 subwoofers and its amplifier which I like more. My question is how do they compare to other similar thing you can find in the market. Do you think I did a good buy or I could have done a lot better at that price range with other brand or model?

In my opinion their isnt any other system out there that will compare to the THX Ultra 2 for home theater.

Dont forget this system was designed for home theater in mind. The system is a bit to the extreme for a living room enviroment at loud listening levels. Its geared more to the person who is building a seperate theater room.

Also dont forget the system sells for $10.000 so with that in mind theirs not many home theater packages around that price range. The only other Ultra THX 2 sytem that im aware of in this price range is made by Atlantic Technoligys and I dont beleive the subs are a part of that package.I heard that system at the home entertainment show in NY powered by all Cinpro equipment. Although very impressive it was also $75.000 for the speakers and equipment.

Our Klipsch THX Ultra 2 demo room in my opinion sounds just as good with the same type of experience as the Cinpro room and can be had for around $30.000 complete with Audio,Video and speakers and thats also installed.

The THX System is somthing that must be experienced in person.Only then will they be impressed with a true home theater experience.

If you have the THX system already and have it set up correctly and tuned in their should be no doubt that you made the right purchase.It simply ROCKS!!!!!!

If you have the THX system already and have it set up correctly... and tuned in.... There should be no doubt that you made the right purchase. It simply ROCKS!!!!!! So RELAX

I agree, sometimes people have buyers remorse trying to second guess everything.. Other than a JBL's new synthasys system at 75K (that kinda looks like La Scalas btw ...) And I said, "MAYBE" could you have done better. IMO you have... if you have the 650's. It is THE premier system..

I did the heritage route.... 7 La Scalas and the THX 2 subs and amp.. I am extreemly pleased.. but I dare say maybe 1 in a hundred women would ever say yes to this in real life..

It is amazing..... and I am very happy too. I am sure you will be too.

I agree sometimes people have buyers

remorse trying to second guess everything.. Other than a JBL new

system at 75K (that kinda looks like La Scalas...) And I

said MAYBE could you have done better. IMO you have if you

have the 650's THE premier system..

I'd agree... and ironically the JBL SYNTHESIS series (with the K2

mains) for substatially more money is the only other system which came

to mind.

The Klipsch THX2 are hard to beat... relax and enjoy! [:)]

ROb

No, you could not have done better...particularly with anything that is

domestically somewhat acceptable and not designed to be hidden and

requires multiple amps, crossovers...etc. Your dealer should have set

them up and calibrated them for you (HUGE difference if you use a laser

alignment system!) and with proper setup and alignment, that system is

truly great.

Thank your for all your responses.

I do have a room just for my home theater. I did buy the KL-650's, 4 back and surround speakers (KS-525) and 2 kw-120 Sub's with the KA-1000 amp. . The electronics I am using is an H79 Optoma proJctor, a Marantz 9600 receiver, a Tivo HD HR10-250, a Marantz DVD player, and all hooked with Monster Cables. I am really happy with the equipment. My dealer did calibrated the equipment. I asked all of you the question, as in my country there is no much options to choose as up there in the US, so I did wonder if I have done the right thing.