What are some of your favorite guitar riffs?

wheelman

Jerry Garcia:

The Harder They Come, Warner Theater, 1978

Eyes Of The World, Englishtown, NJ, 1977

Probably my 2 favorite live performances by Garcia. He was absolutely amazing and I was lucky enough to attend both shows.

Garymd where is a good place to start with a studio album by the Dead? I've heard many tunes by them, but never paid to much attention to the albums, or the titles of the songs. I won't get into why. I'm thinkin of goin with Workingman's Dead I always did like Uncle John's Band.

Workingman's Dead and American Beauty are the 2 best to begin with IMO. For something live (where they really excel), I'd try Dick's Picks 15 (Englishtown I mentioned above) or Dick's Picks 18 (Iowa, 1978). Both great shows and all Dead CDs are available on Dead.net for reasonable prices and fast shipping. You can download the Jerry Garcia Band at Warner Theater show on GDLive.com (site approved by the band members). Make sure it's the late show with the above mentioned song. You won't be dissappointed!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morton,

I love PT and Steve Wilson...Outstanding guitarist and all points in

between. When I met him I told him alot of what he does on the guitar

reminded me of David Gilmour. He was very humbled by my statement and

appreciative. So I would certainly place him in there as well. Did you

know the Deadwing just won Best Album of the year by UK's Classic Rock

Magazine? Well deserved .

scooter

Jerry Garcia:

The Harder They Come, Warner Theater, 1978

Eyes Of The World, Englishtown, NJ, 1977

Probably my 2 favorite live performances by Garcia. He was absolutely amazing and I was lucky enough to attend both shows.

Garymd where is a good place to start with a studio album by the Dead? I've heard many tunes by them, but never paid to much attention to the albums, or the titles of the songs. I won't get into why. I'm thinkin of goin with Workingman's Dead I always did like Uncle John's Band.

Workingman's Dead and American Beauty are the 2 best to begin with IMO. For something live (where they really excel), I'd try Dick's Picks 15 (Englishtown I mentioned above) or Dick's Picks 18 (Iowa, 1978). Both great shows and all Dead CDs are available on Dead.net for reasonable prices and fast shipping. You can download the Jerry Garcia Band at Warner Theater show on GDLive.com (site approved by the band members). Make sure it's the late show with the above mentioned song. You won't be dissappointed!

Thank you very much.[:D]