RF-7 ???

whatever55

You have no idea how hard that question is to answer. The Klipschorns are $7500 a pair, and the LaScalas are $5500 a pair. Much of that cost is because of the amount of material and additional labor involved to make them. It's not uncommon for a person to actually prefer the sound of a smaller and lesser expensive model over a bigger and more expensive one. Whether you made a "mistake" or not involves many factors. Choosing between a properly set up and driven pair of LaScalas to a set of RF-7's is not easy to do.

Personally I love the sound from the RF-7's. Once the RF-7's are

positioned correctly and driven by a quality pre-amp and amp the sound

is just amazing. I do not find any weaknesses in the

mid-range. Granted the type of music listened to and the quality

of the recording are key factors as well.

Thank you everyone for your input. I am driving the RF-7's with a Pioneer SX-1980. What do you mean by "properly set up" ?Do you just move them till it sounds good ? Is there a starting point ?

Thanks Again

Welcome to the forum whatever 55,

I have the RF-7's in a HT setup and they sound GREAT! The best suggestion I can give you is make sure your speakers are toed (turned [;)]) in toward your listening position. When you take the grill off you should be able to see the back of your horns (tweeters on the top).

Then I would mess around with the volume knob until the neighbors come over complaining. When you reach that point, decide if you wish to invite them over or turn it down a few dB's. Good Luck [:)]

Whatever55,

The Pioneer SX-1980, is 1980 the year. My first receiver was a 1981 SX-3700, with 45 watts channel. This receiver still runs great!! Comparing the 45 watt to a newer amp with more power, you'll notice a tremendous difference in the 7's.

Whatever55,

The Pioneer SX-1980, is 1980 the year. My first receiver was a 1981 SX-3700, with 45 watts channel. This receiver still runs great!! Comparing the 45 watt to a newer amp with more power, you'll notice a tremendous difference in the 7's.

The SX-1980 is the biggest beast Pioneer ever produced. 270 watts /channel @ 8 ohm. I doubt he is having a wattage problem.

Those have also been bringing over 2 grand on epay!

Thank you everyone for your input. I am driving the RF-7's with a

Pioneer SX-1980. What do you mean by "properly set up" ?Do

you just move them till it sounds good ? Is there a starting point ?

Thanks Again

I would follow the Klipsch manual as a starting point. Position

the speakers about 2 feet from the rear and side walls. Start

playing music and move the speakers around until you find the spot they

sound best.