University Tweeters

joshnich

I use the 206 in my University Classic speakers. It's not a bad tweeter. It sounds almost the same as the 77, but the 77 goes a tad higher.

If you want a good sounding tweeter go with the JBL 2404-H that some of us are using. I was never into the sound of tweeters untill I heard this one.

Josh,

I have never tested a University tweeter, but I did run curves on the University squawker driver Klipsch used before the K55. It had a very poor high end. As I reacall, it bearly made it to 4000 Hz. I think you should go with a modern tweeter! The JBL Qman suggests is super! I like the Beyma CP 25 myself mainly becasue it's such a good tweeter for the price.

Al K.

Thanks,

I think that at some point Ill go for the Beyma after I live with the Trachorn for a bit. you know always something around the corner! I only asked about the University because i found a pair locally that I think i could get for next to nothing.

Josh

They sound good if not great in my stock orig 51 khorns.

I also had ab them with the ev t35 and they hold there own.

they seem to cover the high end fine In all my test.

Never felt my 51's needed any things with the university drivers on top and the trusonic or jensen below