New $99 "x" amp comung soon.

3dzapper

Rick,...not Mark(LOL my medication is strong..)

Since you are here.I see from your sigs you and NOSvalves have the Juicy Music preamps.How do you compare your Juicy Music Blueberry Extreme with what you heard/used around the BE price?

I am looking at this very preamp,the price is very low at $1799 if one has to trust the reviews so far.

Any comments would be helpful

Arthur

IMO the BBX is worth every penny You would no doubt need to invest twice the amount to find an equal at your audio dealer. That just represents the distributor and dealer mark-ups. Sonically, the price differential might be even greater.

If you were closer Ear, I'd invite you over or visit you with it. Canada is a bit far.

Rick

Rick,

Thanks for the info.I will go for this preamp then,in its price range it is probably the one to beat.Also buying this...not as flashy as Shanling but a step up in quality.This will serve as my cheapo integrated,45W /channel of single ended power [:D].

post-3469-13819274184584_thumb.jpg

Rick,

I have reached a point where brute force amps are not what I am looking for.Since I began the long road to audio nirvana always looking for more refined and powerful solid state amps has led me to a near dead end.From the Celeste 4070SE to the Moon W5 to the Krell FPB600 I gained little quality besides plenty of power.Most of the time using maybe the first few good watts.Note the 4070SE is to this day a fantastic sounding solid state amp,worthy of driving the best speakers.

Now I look for the amps with the best possible few watts.And tubes are where it is at.I keep you posted as these beauties arrive and post some pics too.

Watch what you wish for Ben. With a strong updraft in Quebec, you live just about where they would come down.

(To all my French amis in Quebec: It's a joke no offense meant. Both myself and my wife have links to Quebec. My paternal grandmother a Cady [French/Indian], and both of my wife's paternal grandparents, Lachapelle, Poussant.)

Rick