Bob Carver Amps

AnalOg

Hi All,

I'm thinking about adding this amp to my HT system, any experience on the forum with this power house would be helpfull. I don't run Klipsch with my HT system as you can see in my profile, the Def Techs are great for HT but I have a big two story family room which opens up to a kitchen. Things can sound a tad anemic at times, I think 3 times more power will give it the punch, dynamics and control I'm looking for, my concern is, if this is the quality of power that can do the job.

Tom

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bob-Carver-Sunfire-Signature-Series-Grand-Cinema-Amp_W0QQitemZ5828353973QQcategoryZ67789QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have the same amp. The sound quality is very good. It has more power than you are likely to need, runs cool, and can be repaired by Sunfire for a fixed fee of $235. Bob Carver just sold the company, so future policies are an unknown.

It looks like a series I amp, so the price is about $150 high. Series I amps have a three prong plug, so ground loops are possible. Later models went to two prong plugs.

Bill

aye, but with 3 prongs you can also have a lower noise floor and better low volume behavior (due to the better ground).

I would never make a decision based on the mere possibility of a ground

loop...especially considering that they can be dealt with.

Anyways, the carver amps are very nice - I don't think you'll be dissapointed.

For HT that is one great amp.No doubt,it has very good sound quality,huge power output to drive any speakers you may purchase or own.Plus it is never agressive and will work wonders with Klipsch [:D]

I like Sunfire products alot,owned a good few and strill own a few.So fat so good,never had any problems with any of them.

Go for it it is a very potent amp.

I've never owned any Sunfire components, but have owned alot of older Carver Corp. amps, preamps, CD players, and a tuner over the years. My experience is very favorable...if his Sunfire gear is any indication to the craftsmanship I've grown to respect over the years with his original Carver amps and preamps, then the Sunfire amp you're interested in is in great company!

..."Bob Carver just sold the company, so future policies are an unknown."

A little off topic, but I could not find any info concerning Bob Carver selling off Sunfire Labs. Could you please enlighten me with any links to this claim (just curious as to why he'd sell Sunfire, and what his future plans might be)...Thanks.