SVS B-12 plus 4.......any comments?

NOZ

I purchased the B-12 plus 4 about three months ago. I have it in a system with LaScalas left and right, Belle center, Fortes surround left and right and Heresy Surround backs.

I can tell you that this sub is absolutely amazing and effortless. Make sure you have a good amp for it, and that your room is not too small. My home theater is 24 x 19 x 8 and it works great in that environment. I have enjoyed it with both Concert DVDs as well as movies. Properly calibrated, it will literally make the hair on your arms stand up on certain movie passages.

I don't know what kind of system you will be putting it in, but I needed something that had a good quality low end punch that could keep up with the efficiency of the klipsch heritage line. I definitely think mine was a perfect match.

If you don't have an equalizer, you should think about getting the SVS Bass Interface Box which is available on the SVS website. It is invaluable to contour the sub to fit your surroundings, and to make sure that you have it in proper phase with the rest of your system. Without some method of adjustment, you will not benefit from the extraordinary sound of this subwoofer.

Jerry

This sub ROCKS.

I only have one bit of advice - be sure the structural integrity of your dwelling is up to code. If it isn't, you'll surasell will know it once you get a B12+4.

The other benefit from such a unit is spreading out the bass duty amongst more drivers. Each driver has less excursion than a similar SVS unit with half the drivers at the same total output. You minimize the motion per cone when using multiple/greater amount of drivers - and that gives cleaner, more effortless bass at any volume.

Especially with the big Klipsch, more sub than you think you need is always a good idea.

Good sub, but if you really want a lot of output and you have the

space, a Danley DTS-20 is currently the king of the Uberwoofers. It it

big, 18" x 18" x 84", but will do an honest, no BS, fully tested and

verifiable 125db at 20hz. It is a tapped horn design and as such is

probably the only thing that will truly breath and have the effortless

sound the bigger horn loaded speakers have since it loads the room like

they do. Runs $2995 plus amp. The form factor actually

makes it extremely flexible since it can act as a column. It also makes

a great center channel stand under an acoustic screen! Oh, and your Bryston amp is perfect for it!