New VRDs Settling In Nicely

garymd

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that a MKIII? This is my 1st viewing of a VRD.

Is there a differences between the two other than the wood exterior?

Thanks

Not even reasonably close.

Gary for instance just went from my own personal set of Dynaco Mark III's that I use a triode Electronics front end board in and did everything under the sun too for my own personal use. Trust me there is an amazing difference between the VRD and any original or modified version of the Dynaco Mark III. I may get some guff on this next statement but the iron in the VRD's surpasses the quality of the Dynaco Iron in every respect. How do I know this well I switch out the Iron on a perfectly working pair of Mark III's and tested distortion, Square waves and full power and just the simple Iron change improved the Mark III on every test. Then factor in the there is not but 2 things that the VRD have in common circuit wise with a Mark III from front to back and I'd say there not even close to being the same. What 2 things do they share? There both Ultra Linear wired KT88's and there is one resistor value on the feedback setup that I used from the Mark III design. I think you may have been listening too some of my fans to get that idea[;)]

One more thing should be said when I redesign a Mark III it is no longer much of a Dynaco any longer either but it still can not compete.

I personally think a 100% stock but working well Mark II sounds like shit just crude power with no finesse.

Craig

Well maybe they're not mine,here's a picture of my VRD's. Click on picture for a larger view.

Cheers,

Robert

Robster,

There one in the same amps look at the grain! The lighting makes a huge difference on how a picture portrays the coloration of the wood. When I took the pictures of your amps it was a dimly lit room. I took Gary's while still in my system and I have a big shop 4' florescent light 3' from the amps so they appear much lighter then they really are in person or under different lighting condition. I'm a lousy photographer[:(]

Craig

HEY craig,when are you going to post all the good stuff (testimonals) folks emailed you about their VRD's on u'r web site?

Cheers,

Robert

When I can afford to have my webmaster do my next round of webpage updates. Trust me they will be on the page I would never ask for something I wasn't going to use. I'm just a struggleling working man the money goes out faster then it comes in or at least it sure seems like it.

Craig

Well looks like we lost another forum member to the VRD amps. They get them and disappear into some musical trance and don't surface for days [;)] I'm going to have to quit building them there ruining everyone's forum social life......<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Craig

Well looks like we lost another forum member to the VRD amps. They get them and disappear into some musical trance and don't surface for days [;)] I'm going to have to quit building them there ruining everyone's forum social life......<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Craig

I'm really hoping you will have the opprotunity to ruin my life someday...[ip]

Craig

I'm really hoping you will have the opprotunity to ruin my life someday...[ip]

[:D]

Craig, You may be right,Gary was to call to tell me how the VRD's were better then the MK III's.

Larry

Larry,

If you emailed me then I won't see it until Monday at work. PM me instead. I was wondering why I didn't hear from you.

Craig,

I've been a little busy but I've spent quite a bit of time listening this weekend. They are breaking in nicely. Every LP is a new experience. I finally listened to a CD last night and couldn't believe how good it sounded. I might actually turn my CD player on occasionally.[;)]