New to Klipsch. Just got a set of Cinema 6 speakers. How the get the most out of them?

Rebelord

Sup all, well as it says I'm new to Klipsch. I have just a ho-hum Sony STR-DE595 reciever. It was one of those 5.1s in a box thing. Well, I got tired of the crappy sony speakers, so I did some research and got a set of the Cinema 6s. Since I dont have a large room to fill and there fairly priced for what you get. Well, how do I get the best sound from them? Already sounding heck of alot better. However, I must place my front Sur. on the entertainment center. I will not put them on stands, my dog as a killer wagging tail that will knock them over. and i have to put my rear sur. on the wall up higher slightly behind the listening position. I know, I know not the best. But any input would be appreciated.

Ski

Thanks. Well, I really think that my reciever could use some improvment. It works ok. but at lower volume levels I really cant hear the depth and clarity of the music. But when I put it higher. They sound phenominal. Just awesome. But yea, I definitly need a better reciever and sub. I didnt get the sub. Just the satelite set. Got them for $575. Hopefully I didnt get ripped off. Thanks.

Ski

I dunno, but to me that sounds like an incredible deal!

Welcome to the forum and the Klipsch Sound, or a taste of the greatness

yet to come! Yes, the speakers you now have invested in will beat

out any HTIB system period, period.

Im not sure about the actual RSX series, but Im sure you could wall

mount them if that was an option for you. If you dont mind, give

further specs on the layout of your room, size etc.

Joe

My stepdaughter paid right at a $1000 for the Cinema 6 with the sub, so I think you did good. as for the receiver, she just ordered a Yamaha RX-V657 and is looking into getting two more speakers (to go to 7.1). I have heard great things about the RX-V657 and the Cinema 6 system sounds great, so we have big hopes for the end result. Congrats on your purchase!

However, I must place my front Sur. on the entertainment center. But any input would be appreciated.

Ski

Hi, sounds to me like you'd be better off with a 5 channel configuration. However, my Yamaha has lower powered front surround(effects) channels, meant to be placed just outside and up from the mains. I haven't tried this, but it may be similar to what you have going on there. Do you have a variable delay function with yours?

Can the K-9's rear appendage be trimmed back a bit?

Thanks all for the input. Now I am in the market for a new reciever. looking for something around the 500-1000 range. Is getting something THX Cert really all that? Thanks again.

Ski

THX does have its benefits in the audio world but I would not suggest that it is a mandatory label to have a great system. It seems everyone is yielding to the marketing label with one product or another in their line carrying the THX label but rest assured, there are a LOT of systems that do not and are made to a much higher standard and did not have to pay for the licensing privelage.

With a limited budget, I tend to recommend the entry level systems from Harman Kardon because they just seem to provide more power per channel than most of their equally priced competitors. As you approach the $1K mark, go with the mfg that has the features you want like lip sync, Bass management, hdmi video switching, up and down video conversion, low THD, etc.