Who is providing nowdays the K-33 speaker ?!

vacs2000

I am unsure about the manufacturer of the K-33.

I purchased a pair of K-33 drivers from a board member recently. He shipped them to me in boxes marked "K-43-KP", the heavy-duty Klipsch alternate to the K-33. The shipping label was as follows:

To: Klipsch, Inc

So the K-43-KP drivers are made by Pyle. And I'd guess the current K-33-E are mfg'd by Eminence. But I don't know who made the older ones marked simply "K-33".

------------------

John Packard

K33 (square magnet) was made by CTS. CTS no longer in the woofer business. Watch ebay for a replacement, or have your existing woofer reconed by a competant speaker repair shop - that is what they do. Make sure you tell them it goes in a Cornwall (that .39 Qts spec is going to be quite important). Write out the K33 specs on a sheet of paper and bring it to them. Do a K33 search on this BB for more info + specs. We've been around the block on this one a couple times in the recent past.

Andy

Wait a minute, you don't have the original woofer magnet basket assembly do you? There is a pair of K33-E's on Ebay right now which would be an excellent choice for a recone or repair because they are the CTS version. (Late CTS's were called K33-E even though they were the EXACT same drivers as the K33 and K33-B. Later K33-E's were made by Eminence and have a round magnet.) The cones are not in great shape, but since the voice coils are not blown, a speaker repair shop in your area may even be able to reuse the original voice coils for an even better match to the original. One of the woofers may even be serviceable. They will probably go dirt cheap. I got a blown one for $10 on ebay and had it reconed to just like original for $60.

Andy

well

they both play ok I guess. Both are square magnets,

one has black frame the other has nickel color frame.

So I guess it is a replacement. It is the black one that has been reconed. I'll try to get the photos right tomorrow.

By the way why/who would paint blue the surrounds of the woofer ?!??!

The K33-E, the speakers you would get from Klipsch, are made for them by Eminence. You cannot get them directly from Eminence, but only from Klipsch, as they are made to Klipsch specs.

However, Eminence provided me with the specs:

SPEC 15162

PART # K-33

RE OHMS 3.39

LE MH .96

QM 7.39

QE .410

QT .390

XMAX MM 8.20

BL TM 11.88

EFF % 2.91

FS HZ 34.46

MMS GMS 78.59

CMS mm/N .2714

RMS NS/M 2.3037

VAS LTRS 301.66

SD SCM 889.59

EBP 84.4

SPL dB 96.6

Wattage 150rms

You might be able to get an Eminence dealer to order it cheaper, but at $100 each from Klipsch, it isn't bad at all.

Marvel