WTB: RS-7's or maybe RF-7's

HTADDICT

Is there anybody out there that would like to sell a pair of rs-7 surrounds? It's one of the last set of speakers I need. I've been contemplating the rs-7's or another pair of rf-7's, I think the rs-7's would give me a little more placement flexability and wouldn't take up any floor space but on the other hand another pair of rf-7's would be quite nice too!

PM or post if you can help me out with either of these.

Do you do more movies or multi-channel music? It's a bit of a toss up with movies, but for music you should without a doubt go with the RF-7's for your rears. If you can swing it in your room, a perfectly timbre matched system is the only way to go. Heck, there are guys running 7.1 systems with cornwalls or lascalas all around...which are much much bigger than the "dinky little" RF-7's [;)]

Btw, you prob won't find too many selling these speakers here because it's kinda hard to upgrade any further. Ebay is pretty much your best bet if you wanted to find something used.

Without a doubt another pair of RF-7's-- for Music and Movies. I have both the RS-7's and RF-3's that I use as side surrounds. If I could only have one of them, I would opt for the RF-3's. I guess there are situations where the RS-7's would work better, but that would be because you couldn't fit the RF's.

If you truly are a "HTAddict," using a pair of towers as side surrounds is ecstasy. The only reasons I don't have the RF-7 towers as side surrounds is because they wouldn't fit and I sit 4-6 ft from my surrounds.If you have a similar situation look at the RF-5's or the RB-75 bookshelf speakers. Good luck. [:)]

and don't discount the RB 35s for surrounds, for the money that is. I'm using a pair as mains w/ an RC 7 and RS 7s and they perform very very nicely. Of course they're not quite as good as RB 75s but for surround duty you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. IMO, of course. They are quite a potent bookshelf speaker.

Hi guys, thanks for the interest, I currently have a pair of rf-7's for my fronts an rc-7 for my center, another pair of rf-7's for my back center channels and am using a pair of rc3ii's for my rears and a pair of rb10's for my front effects channels, Klipsch KSW12 & 15" subs and a yamaha 757 receiver. The subs are going and will be replaced with either a pb-12plus/2 or ultra/2 and the rs3ii's will be replaced with either the rs-7's or rf-7's as soon as I can find a pair that I like at a price I like.

I do have the floor space for the rf-7's but cost about twice as much as the rs-7's and leave me with less placement options (but the HTADDICT in me wants the rf-7's). I dont listen to music much this is almost strictly home theater I know I could put my rf-7's as surrounds and my rc3ii's as back center channels but it looks better in my room the other way, I'm 50/50 on either setup though, I guess it all comes down to finding a pair of rs-7's at a good price which are currently just not out there, but there are a few rf-7's, I might just go that route and TRY to be happy with 6 rf-7's:)

Yeah, I know the subs would definently be the biggest improvement at this point in time, but I do have some, and this set of surrounds is the last set of speakers I have to buy to complete my 7-series setup, and I can always buy a sub from any brand, It would be nice to complete the set first, but you never know what kind of deals can pop up. Just when you think you are going to buy something a good deal pops up on something else. Once I get the subs and surrounds taken care of, it will be back on the hunt for an amplifier to drive them all. (I had an rf-3 system, and was looking for an amp to drive them when I came across an affordable set of rf-7's, next thing you know I sold all of my rf-3 system and replaced it all with the 7's, soon it will be back to an amp).

Plus I'm still trying to decide on the svs pb12-plus/2 or the pb12-ultra/2

Yeah, I know the subs would definently be the biggest improvement at this point in time, but I do have some, and this set of surrounds is the last set of speakers I have to buy to complete my 7-series setup, and I can always buy a sub from any brand, It would be nice to complete the set first, but you never know what kind of deals can pop up. Just when you think you are going to buy something a good deal pops up on something else. Once I get the subs and surrounds taken care of, it will be back on the hunt for an amplifier to drive them all. (I had an rf-3 system, and was looking for an amp to drive them when I came across an affordable set of rf-7's, next thing you know I sold all of my rf-3 system and replaced it all with the 7's, soon it will be back to an amp).

Plus I'm still trying to decide on the svs pb12-plus/2 or the pb12-ultra/2

I used my RF7s for rear surrounds when I first bought them just to see if that would have been a better option for me and it did sound good but there is something about the RS7's that sound better for HT in my home. I found the RS7's were far more capable of disappearing into the background. The RF7's just seemed a bit too directional and abrubt for rear surrounds.

This may not have been a fair assessment using off brand speakers for the mains for tests but I am still very happy I went with the RS7's.

The RC7's are also a viable option and may be the better choice over both the RF7 and RS7's, depending on your application.

Well, I just bought another pair of rf-7's so let's hope that these will be the right surrounds for me, at least I still have the rs3ii's to do a comparison with, but it would be better to have a pair of rs-7's too.

Six RF-7's should rock pretty good though!

Thanks for the help guys.

Well, I just bought another pair of rf-7's so let's hope that these will be the right surrounds for me, at least I still have the rs3ii's to do a comparison with, but it would be better to have a pair of rs-7's too.

Six RF-7's should rock pretty good though!

Thanks for the help guys.

Hmmmm....RS-3 or RF-7's [:^)] [6] [:)] 6 RF-7's--Rock on indeed!