Im looking for some speakers to use for parties for my college

In the late 70's I drove a Olds 442 hardtop, had the Craig powerplay cassette deck and SParkomatic 6x9's in there. Used to haul my bass guitar rig around in that massive trunk. It was a tube head and Peavy 2x15 cabinet that fit pretty neatly in that car.

On with the regular program

Get LASCALAS, how many times do we need to say it!

Michael

Dear Forum(pent)house;

I was a hi-fi salesman at a large, midwestern university. Sold numerous systems to fraternities for their party rooms. Mostly sold La Scalas though some bought Cornwalls if the budget necessitated. Never an unsatisfied partier.

There were interesting stories though. Such as the house that mounted their Cornwalls about 10' off the ground on shallow shelves so partiers would not block the speakers. At a particularly boisterous party, the Cwalls vibrated off the shelf and nearly coldcocked someone underneath. Moral: Bolt 'em down!

Buy La Scalas or Cornwalls. Youi'll never be unhappy and the speakers will still be there when you visit years from now.

imho, any of the KLF series may rock for now, but move em a couple of dozen times and you're asking for them to fall apart. The hot melt type glue holding the MDF panels together would NOT be condusive to road-worthy speakers. Neither would the grille cloth material.

Here's a test- take any speaker, bounce it down half a flight of stairs, then set it upright and toss one case of empty beer cans at the front of the speaker, then set a six pack of full open beer bottles on top and blay 'Ice Ice Baby' until they all rattle off and smash to the ground. Is your speaker still looking good and playing? A LaScala would'nt be damaged in the least by such typical college treatment. Heck, you could pour a six pack into the W bin and still not get the woofer wet!

You need PA speakers, either LaScalas, Kp301 (industrial Cornwalls) or Corns with metal grille over the woofer or full front panel. It's gotta be that tough or you'll be buying a set every two semesters.

Michael

Just as a reminder. I am a Big heritage fan here but consider this. If you run a pair of la scalas off some lousy equipment, You will be sorry. Very loud but very harsh.

Yes the heritage line is tough.

I had some Kg5.2's that were hard hittin in college. Can run off cheap equipment too.