Heresy HBR speakers

Gilbert2

I currently own a pair of Heresy HBR speakers which I bought new in the early 80's. These speakers are in excellent condition but are a little large for my wife's taste. I'm thinking of selling speakers & going with the R-5650-W in-wall speakers to accent Klipsch subwoofer & plasma TV. Will I be satisfied if I switch? What are my current speakers worth?

It depends a lot on condition. HBR's were shipped as raw birch veneer. The finish that was applied (if any) would also make a significant contribution to their worth today.

In fair to good shape, mechanically sound, probably $300-$400

If they are in good to excellent shape, veneered of stained professionally, probably more.

Please let us know where you are located and an asking price for them, post photos and descriptions of condition with serial numbers if you would be so kind.

Most of us here value Klipsch Heritage speakers enough that we try to purchase close to home so we can personally pickup. Shipping is somewhat expensive and risky as even Heresies are bulky and heavy.

Thanks for posting here. If you want advice on which speakers to replace your Heresies with, this is the place to gather info.

Michael

It depends a lot on condition. HBR's were shipped as raw birch veneer. The finish that was applied (if any) would also make a significant contribution to their worth today.

In fair to good shape, mechanically sound, probably $300-$400

If they are in good to excellent shape, veneered of stained professionally, probably more.

Please let us know where you are located and an asking price for them, post photos and descriptions of condition with serial numbers if you would be so kind.

Most of us here value Klipsch Heritage speakers enough that we try to purchase close to home so we can personally pickup. Shipping is somewhat expensive and risky as even Heresies are bulky and heavy.

Thanks for posting here. If you want advice on which speakers to replace your Heresies with, this is the place to gather info.

Michael

Hello Michael,

As usual you give sound (pun intended) advice. Happy Thanksgiving!

Remember, you can call before you buy any more Klipsch (or worse), I'll talk you down. Life happens a day at a time.

Will I be satisfied if I switch?

Hi, if you do alot of 2-channel music, I believe you may be headed in the wrong direction.

Take out the garbage. Kill the bugs. Purchase the tampons.

NEVER rid the Heresy.

You're gonna pay alot for any in-walls, to rival their sound.

Thank's for the reply,

I've never stained the speakers & the serial # is 147X163. We're located in central Illinois. If interested I'll see about getting digital pictures posted.

What's your thought on in-wall speakers? I also have KSB 2.1 speakers connected in kitchen.

You'll be disappointed with in-wall speakers compared to Heresys. Not only do the Heresys sound much better in the first place, an in-wall infinite baffle speaker like the R-5650-W plays almost as loud in the room behind it as in the room it's facing. Besides, until someone invents miniature sound waves, you'll get little midbass from a 6.5 inch "woofer."

I suspect your wife could get used to the Heresys better than you could get used to lesser speakers. Remember, you're supposed to be an EQUAL partner in your marriage.

Hardhead,

Thank's for the insight! I think my wife is coming around & is beginning to understand how she might be able to live with the Heresys! We played Star Wars III on the DVD and turned it up!! I think I proved my point and she now is looking at how her built cabinets can work without losing the Heresys. Another small but important victory.

[:)]

I really grieves me when someone thinks the Heresys are too large a

speaker. Since they are almost an exact match sizewise to my JBL 4311s,

I should be more than pleased that my wife allowed me to buy them new

in 1972. Well, she is the best wife ever. [;)]

I don't even think LaScalas are THAT big anymore, even though I don't have any.