Trans-Siberian Orchestra was AWESOME!

skonopa

Last week's Wednesday (The day before Thanksgiving), I went and saw Trans-Siberian Orchestra at the Richmond Coliseum! I was not quite up as close as I was last year, but I was still pretty close up there.

Again, this had to of been one of the most incredible displays of musicianship and showmanship that I've ever had the pleasure to experience! The accompanying light show was also just friggan incredible! For the first half of the show, they pretty much played though Christmas Eve and Other Stories, as well as some bits from The Christmas Attic. The second half of the show, they played various miscallanious pieces, including several tracks from thier Beethoven's Last Night album. They also played an incredible rendition of the "O Fortuna" part of Orff's Carmina Barana, which is to be featured on their upcoming non-Christmas album, Night Castle! They pretty much played many of the same things they did last year, but still was an awesome show! Hell, I probably could see it a thousand times and still not get tired of it!

This time, I also stuck around and took the oppurtunity to go meet the members of the band. They are great guys to meet personally, and seem to show a true love of the craft, and not just "in it for the money". They also seem to have a true appreciation for thier fans, and realize if it wasn't for the fans, there would be no Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

I am very tempted to go see them again on the 22nd of December when they play at the MCI center in D.C.

Something that I forgot to mention in my initial post:

The sound quality of the live show was excellent! It sounded just as good as it does when listening on my own setup at home. It was loud, but it was not ear-bleeding loud, and in fact, it was quite listenable without the need of ear plugs. My ears where not ringing when I left the show! Nice to go to a concert where they feel they don't need to have it blasting at "jet-engine in middle of take-off" levels.

Also to add, there is a real possibility that I may be seeing them again on the 22nd. Some of my friends where getting all on my case, with comments "Must've been nice to see them live - but why didn't let the rest of us know there where in town", and so forth. I told them in the past they could go to TSO's website and see the dates. I did mention the show on the 22nd at the MCI center. Well, one of my friends may have access to VIP tickets to that show - so, we'll see!

I'd encourage any fans that haven't already done so to register on

their web site. You'll get an email with a link to buy tickets

about a week before they go on sale to the public. I've sat in

2nd row and 11th row, and actually the 11th row was better. Too

close and you can't see the whole show very well.

The keyboardist of the troupe we saw is the wife of the lead guitar

player, and she has fingers of fire, especially on Wish Liszt.

What a great show it is. We took some friends, one of whom is a

guitar player. After the show, he said he wouldn't admit he was a

guitar player if he was in the same room with the band, er

Orchestra. They are outstanding musicians.