Quartets or Fortes

hach13

Any suggestions on locating a pair of Fortes or Quartets for sale. I'm in Southeast Iowa and would like to find something within 300 - 400 miles so I can pick up. Not to excited about having them shipped. I've been watching e-bay and thought I had a pair of quartets but the guy decided not to sell. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Hach13

• Moderators

Just keep looking, you will find some, i would pick the forte's myself. If people on the forum know you are looking for them that helps, they helped me find

2 pair of forte ll's, stick around here their is alot of good people here.

Be sure they don't get shipped.

There was just a pair of quartets over in eastern Ill. on E-bay I believe around the Chicago area.. Sorry I already erased them from my watch list. They didn't sell failed to meet reserve. I thought the price was a little steep. I think they got up to 450 or so. If you keep your eyes open more will show up. I'm also looking for another set of Forte II's. No real hurry, just wanting to go 7.1 over the 5.1 I have now. I'm in the quadcities, where are you in south east Iowa. I live in Ill. now but I'm still a Hawkeye fan.

Thanks for the info. I'm actually still trying to negotiate the quartets. Thought I had a deal at $550 with 25 ft monster cable. Realize this is on the high side for quartets but they were oak finish, nice shape and within a 3 hour drive. The guy's girlfriend talked him out of selling them at the last moment. They are 12 years old and one owner.

I'm in Burlington with 3 kids at Iowa - made it to all of the Iowa home football games. Great times.

Nice Mustang, I had a 65 fastback in 1970.

Just getting started in putting a system together - if this guy doesn't come through it's going to be tempting to hold out for forte's for about the same money.

I'm in sales and travel Eastern IA and Northwest IL.

Thanks for the reply. May still be a chance I pick up the oak finish quartets but the price is getting high at $550 and the guy is deciding not to sell at that. Starting to get in the range of Forte's but not much on e-bay currently anywhere in the area and I agree in the problems with shipping

Take your time and stick to your price. A pair will come along when you least expect it.

Winter prices are normally higher than in the summer so if you can

wait,

you will most likely get a better deal in the summer.

For example, last

summer, I

bought my pair of 1 owner Cornwall 2s near new condition (plant stains

on top [:@] but no scratches or nicks and all perfect corners, the grills had never even been off!)

for $550 local. I wasn't looking for them and then there they were!

Hach,

Boomac has a nice pair of Walnut Quartets and is asking less than that $550. I contacted him but am really looking for OO Forte II's. You guys might be a decent drive apart.

And yes the price of this series seems to be escalating. My theory is that- maybe we're running out of CW and CH, these have much smaller footprint and look 'furniture -like' for that WAF, while still rocking. They are also a newer series and were made in OO and WO finishes which seem to be in pretty good condition for the most part.

I'm still on the lookout for OO Forte II's people.

Michael