Help picking a portable MP3 player

robster

Howdee-I'm new to the MP3 thing. I just want to replace my Sony walkman. Looking for a MP3 player with FM tuner under $250. Considering the Iriver T10 @ Circuit City for $119 which has a Fm tuner. Any others I should consider?. I'll just use it outside while walking the dogs,doing yard work etc. and what's a good headphone choice?

Many thanks,

Robert

Thanks for da' help..I feel so modernized,last year we finally got a new home pc laptop and roadrunner..and now I'm MP3-ed,at work I got a fancy new cell phone and a new Mac laptop,wife got a Nextel for work. I got the Mrs. a PDA for Christmas. Before I had no idea what MP3 and PDA meant...Sha-ZAM!!

I first picked up a iRiver H10,it was too complicated and took it back to Circuit City and got a Creative Zen Micro 6GB player for $149.00 has a Fm tuner and is easy to use. So far I'm really liking it. Plus it's small. I need one with a FM tuner,iPods don't have radio!!

CNet rates the Zen as Excellent and editor's pick. I noticed last night Creative Zen has refurbished Micro's 5Gb units on Ebay for $139.

Cheers,

Robert

I've been lucky to buy the REAL stuff,hifi gear,from USA cottage industry folks,stuff made to LAST!! like,Craig Nosvalves VRD's,Mark Juicy Music BB,hornshoppe speakers from Ed Schilling in SC,Klipsch (Chorus II's) of course,VPI TT,Scott tuner,well not cottage,but made in USofA!..

Cheers,

Robert

Do some searching on the net for the Creative Zen headphone jack problems. This has been a recurring problem with this player as the headphone jack seems to fail after some use. It's been mentioned quite a bit in certain reviews and might be worth looking into. Seems the company is aware of this problem but I'm not sure it's been remedied in the latest version as I was seeing comments not too long ago. While no MP3 player can measure up within a high resolution system, the Zen player seems to get some good comments on sound compared to others. The jack issue is an unfortunate drawback, however.

Thanks,

I read about the earphone jack problems,on the Cnet user reviews... buying a new gadget and reading all the reviews till my brain hurts is tiresome, hoping mine will be o.k. (fingers and toes crossed) maybe that's why Creative Zen is selling the older refurbished 5gb micro's on Epay..

Cheers,

Robert

. and what's a good headphone choice?

Many thanks,

Robert

Best light headphone is the Sony MDR-G42LP. There have been a few versions in the past couple years. The driver in each earpiece is over 1 inch in diameter (comparitively very large) which produces a bass response that I've never before heard in a light headphone (they state16 Hz but I've never tested that claim). The design naturally masks some outside noise (something earbuds just don't do well), it's impossible to shake off of your head due to movement, and the whole darn thing weighs only 2 ounces. It's probably the best kept little secret in the light headphone world.

Used one pair for 8-10 hours a day for 3 years straight. Can be had for around $15 at Walmart or go to SonyStyle.com. Since they're so inexpensive I now own several pairs for multiple tasks: work, law/garden, gym, etc.

In fact, I'm wearing a pair right now.

post-13941-13819278306254_thumb.jpg