March of the Penguins

Speedball

I really enjoyed it, amazing what those poor birds put themselves through. Reminds me of a joke

A vacationing penguin is driving through Arizona when he

notices his oil pressure light is on. He gets out to look

and sees oil dripping out of the motor. He drives to the

nearest town and he pulls into the first gas station.

After dropping the car off, the penguin goes for a walk

around town. He sees an ice cream shop and being a penguin

in Arizona decides that something cold could really hit the

spot.He gets a big dish of vanilla ice cream and sits down

to eat. Having no hands, he makes a real mess trying to

eat with his little flippers.

After finishing his ice cream , he goes back to the gas

station and asks the mechanic if he found the problem.

The mechanic looks up and says, "it looks like you blew a seal."

"No no", exclaims the penguin. "its just ice cream!!!"

• 2 weeks later...

This film was a gigantic disappointment for me. With the way it was initially marketed - a perilous, treacherous journey Penguins had to embark on - to the way it was marketed afterwards - a children's film the whole family will love - there was nothing in this film that we really didn't know before.

Alright, I'll admit. So I didn't know they stood in the cold for as long as they did. Big whoop. Because honestly, did they really have to show us in REAL TIME? I almost wanted to make trips to the bathroom I was so bored watching the penguins stand, waddle, and yap around in the miserable cold for half-an-hour.

And on the note of how cute they are, and their adorable little penguin yaps and squeaks... Take it from me, they go from warm-n-fuzzy cute to I-wanna-rip-its-head-off-and-boil-it-in-acid really, really, REALLY quickly. You might surprise yourself.

Yes, the images and scenery is gorgeous, but again, after 5 minutes of staring at ice-capped mountains and crystalline glaciers, you really just want the damn scene to go on.

For all you audiophiles out there, there is nothing in this film that will showcase your system. A good action movie would be a better showcase of sights and sounds. Save this flick for a rental, if even that.