Are the RF 7's worth the money HAVE NOW PURCHASED NEW ???s

brokenarrow1

The original poater already has the rest of the system.

As far as amps go, any 200 wpc amp that has a clean first watt is a possibility. If the amp is bigger, it's ok as long as the first watt is good. There are amps below 200 wpc that work as long as they can deive the 2.8 ohm minimum impedance. Hence the 4 ohm and 2 ohm rateings are imporatant IMO. Most amps do not spec a 2 ohm output. If the amp comes close to doubling into 4 ohms and the first watt is ok then the amp should be ok.

If you add an outboard amp, you loose the ability to use headphines on most receivers.

Bill

The RF-7's are very good for the money, I had rf-3's and upgraded to the 7's, then I upgraded everything until I had 7's all the way around, and I did it at a substantially lower price than what you were quoted by purchasing used. Don't worry about feeding them gobs of power right away just be careful not to overdo it, they are fine with my 100x7 yamaha for now, until I can afford a good amp. The biggest upgrade for the money was the rc-7 over the rc-3. Plus it's fun knowing you have the biggest pair![:D] (in the reference line)

I am looking at purchasing a pair of RF -7 Price $ 1700.00. are they worth the money. Main use home theater? powered by HK 635

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I have to agree with the others. Personally, it was worth it to me to go from the RF-3 II (the predecessor to the RF-35) to the RF-7s. In my case, I was still well with in the trade-in period of my purchase, thus I simply traded in my Rx-3II based setup for a full Rx-7 based setup (fronts, center and surrounds), and I did not look back. Later on, I managed to score a pair of RF-5s on clearance - so now I have a system with RF-7s front, RC-7 center, and RF-5 surrounds (with a second RC-7 as a rear surround).

As others also say, you will eventually want to upgrade the amp. I was using a Denon AVR-3802 to drive everything, but ended up getting a B&K Reference 200.7 amp - and the difference was just astonishing! I am still using the Denon as a pre-pro, though. For now, the H/K 635 will work, and it should sound good, but keep in mind that this is an upgrade you'll want to eventually consider.

I had an RF/RC/RB-35 system, and it really rocked. I decided to upgrade to the -7 series (and RB-75s), and IMHO the difference was astounding. Also, the difference when I switched the RF-7 mains from my excellent Arcam receiver to a Carver Pro amp was very noticeable (especially in terms of sound stage). So to me they are most certainly worth the money, even when you already have some good speakers.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I've enjoyed mine!

I bought the Rf-7's for 1600.00. i HOPE THEY SOUND FOR THE PRICE.

nOW i HAVE A hk 635, WHAT SHOILD i BE LOOKING FOR IN A AMP.

i WANT TO STAY AROUND 800 TO $ 1000.00

tHANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP ON THE SPEAKERS

What type sub do you have to keep up with those 7's?